• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook Skills based on learning Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want to make a skill system similiar to Defi4nc3's ORPG. At first the hero will have no skill at all in the spellbook. When the hero reaches lvl 3, he will get a new ability in the spellbook and when he reached lvl 5 he will get another one in the same spellbook and will be able to cast the spell from there.

But I want a system like:

A hero got 2 spellbook, one named 1 and another 2.
The hero also got 2 skills to which are not learnt yet, Frost Nova and Blizzard.

If the hero learns Frost Nova, he will get endurance aura on spellbook 1.

If the hero learns Blizzard, he will get devotion aura on spellbook 2.

If the hero learns Frost Nova to lvl 2, he will get Unholy aura on spell book 1.

If the hero learns Blizzard to lvl 2 he will get Death coil on spellbook 2.

Maybe this explains better. The hero won't lvl his skills from the spellbook itself. He GETS new spells when he adds a spell.

Last edited:
Level 21
It has everything to do with your question since it explains how to add/level spells to a spellbook. In your case: you would just need a trigger like this:

• blabla
  • Events
    • Unit - a unit learns a skill
  • Conditions
    • Learned skill == Frost Nova
  • Actions
    • If level of Frost Nova = 1 then
      • Loop - Actions
        • (add Endurance aura to the spellbook --> see thread)
      • Else - actions
        • if level of Frost Nova = 2 then (add unholy aura to the spellbook)
    • endif

Level 8
Thank you eleandor, but I got another problem instead.

When I added the Spellbook 1, the other spell appeared on the command thing instead of in the spellbook. So I looked at Vexorian's tutorial about spellbook but I can't figure it out.

It's about that Add ability to spellbook. I looked on the thread and tutorial but I can't, like I said, figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.