• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which Skill System should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Okay, I'm making a kind of WoW AoS map that will be similar to Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley and Warsong Gulch. I'm making my spells and such right now but it's kinda hard to know how many level I want on them since I haven't figured out what kind of system I'll use to level them up and learning them. Since I don't want it to look like other WoW Maps, where you choose to be a Shadow or Holy or Discipline priest for example.

And since I will have about 5-8 skills at each "subclass" (Shadow and Holy) I can't really put them all without spellbook or some other way. And I think it will be a bit boring if each class could only have up to 4 spells. Of course I'll set the maximum level so one hero wouldn't get up to 16 skills (sry if I used the word Skill instead of Spell.. You know World Of Warcraft).

I'm thinking of giving each hero 16 SPELLS, and you coud get up to 8 of them.
I've thought of giving one hero (Priest for example) shadow and holy spells (Let's take just take 2 for now).

I've thought of : (Priest as example!!!)

Skill System 1.
Giving each hero 3 spellbooks and the heroe's abilities is Shadow and Holy. Once the ability Shadow/Holy reached a specific amount he'll get a new spell on one of his spellbook, spellbook 1 or 2. And inside the spellbook 3, he can level up the spells.

For example, when he his Shadow ability is level 3, he got spell Shadow Word, then he'll get an ability on Spellbook 3 named Level Up Shadow Word. When he casts it, the Shadow Word pain's level will increase.

Skill System 2.
(This is a system from another map)
At the start location there will be a place (like merchant) you can "buy" your skills with skill points. And you will also have a spellbook where you can level up the skills you bought as the Skill System 1.

Skill System 3.
Simple do as WoW Molten Core, I remove the Attack Icon so they could get 7, and the 8th skill will be passive which will be hided.

It's simple, but messy and confusing in-game.

Skill System 4.
One spellbook where you level the skills, and another one where all of the leveled skills will be placed in. And another one where you level them up.

So which should I take? Remember it's an AoS map.. Well I think, I still don't know what AoS Stands for, Always or Several played?

Status
Not open for further replies.