• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Spell Books wont let me set Minimum Level Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I successfully created a working Spell Book with multiple spells, which is applied equally to all heroes (on top of their standard spells)

I was also able to get my spell book to require "skill points" when heroes Level Up in order to unlock any new spells. The method I used was to have dummy spell books replace the "learned skill" and create a hidden unit when a hero levels up, then removing the hidden unit upon players spending the skill point

This is all great, with the exception of one tiny flaw

I thought I was able to set a minimum level requirement, but it seems to not be working for some reason. Whenever I set a minimum level requirement for any of my new spells, the spell book refuses to let heroes upgrade/unlock any spell that I set with a minimum requirement, even though the skill points and everything else is all working correctly

what doesnt make sense is that it shouldnt have anything to do with my triggers, I should just be able to set the Level Requirement for each spell in the object editor, right? I was almost certain that it was working when I first tested it, but then I added more spells and I dont know what changed to cause the Level Requirement to be the only thing not working now?

The only other thing I can think of is that all my spellbook spells are one level each (except 1 attribute bonus) and my spellbook has a trigger forcing it to be permanent when Hero Ultimates cause them to Transform

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.