• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help setting up Spellbook with Abilities that Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am working on a map that has one extra ability added to each hero, it is the Attribute Bonus which is a passive (always active) spell that can have its icon turned off. I was hoping to add a few more similar type of abilities, so I tried creating a Spellbook with 3 new abilities. Unfortunately the abilities in the Spellbook can only be Unit abilities which are not upgrade-able based on the hero level, and are instantly unlocked/activated upon researching the Spellbook.

Is it possible for players to "purchase" or unlock items such as a tome of strength from within the spellbook using their heros level/skill points?? I only know very simple triggers with the World Editor, pretty big newb hoping for some help? thanks!

Level 17
im not very good at triggers but i know something i can tell you,

first the spell book has a spell list as you might know well setting this ability to 3 or (x) levels and making for example!! a cleave ability as a unit ability copy it 3 times and set its diffrent stats for for example cleave 1 2 3 with 30 60 80% and select ech for the list of spells that is given ech time you level up your spell book that way you will have a upgraded ability or a list of abilities that are upgraded to your liking whenever the spell book itself levels up from 1 to 3 or more

but !! i for one dont know how to set a trigger setting to level up ech ability inside that spell book separate xP

you can also use the spell book to transfer item abilities and set a very simple trigger to disable the spell book ability (when its upgraded) make a fake ability and set another very simple trigger to add the real spell book ability status to the fake ability (also the spell book ability has to be as a unit ability with 3 levels yes a unit ability with 3 levels as you set the trigger to aply the status to the fake abilty (wich sholde do nothing but containing the description and icon ) all the status will be tranferd to the fake ability )
good luck!

Last edited:
Level 6
I get what your saying about leveling up the spell book and giving it different levels for cleave, but that wouldn't really help much for this.

I have read a guide on the "dummy" spellbook and disabling it will transfer over or whatever, but I don't know why I couldnt get it working.

Level 17
well i dont know anything els i can tell you but if u might want to know how to use item passive abilities such as many of the orb abilities the spell amulet or things like that or even how to combine deffrent passive abilities for example !! a combination of a cleave ability with doge or any aura passive ability with any other aura or other passive non aura abilities if you just use them in a spell book whoever playes your map can click on the ability and just plainly see what is hidden behind mb you want it to have all the benefets you want but also to (look) like a normal ability wthout anyone being able to see what are the other branches you set up inside it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.