• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook with Abilities that Upgrade and Cost Skill Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Edited: I've made some progress yay!

So I have successfully taken the triggers from a map I found called Hero Abilities 5+ (HA5) (link below) and I was able to modify them a bit to work with my personal map I am making. The HA5 triggers allowed me to add a spellbook to every hero and increase the maximum abilities a hero can have. But it is really difficult to get these new abilities working with a heros Skill Points, and make the abilities have upgrades.

I have added several new Abilities to my spellbook and they work correctly with requiring Skill Points and can be upgraded (YAY!!)
However, I have a few problems:

#1 (most important) - When I have 2 heros and one of them gains a level, the other hero also can unlock new ability upgrades from the spellbook as if they gained a new level (even though they did not) and if the 1st hero gains a level but the 2nd hero spends a level, the first hero loses the skillpoint (which I guess balances out but its still not good)

#2 - Is it possible to make my new Hero Ability only available every other or every 3 hero levels? Currently they are not available at level 1 (still trying to figure out how to change that) but they can be upgraded every level instead of every other

#3 - How/Where are the triggers to make the icons to stay in one location and not swap around?

#4 - I read somewhere I need to make spellbooks permanent to work during transformation/etc, but I have not tryied to figure this all out and I just haven't gotten there yet. Actually, I do not think that one is a big deal

#5 - The map posted below is not mine. My triggers are a bit different and more complete than the ones in HA5, but if you want to see my map please PM me :)

Thanks

Attachments

• Hero Abilities 5+ [2b].w3x
    14.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.