• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request [GUI]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok here is another request.

Levels: 3
Description: The hero summons some totems (the models of totems are http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/shamanyouranus/#userresources) and they form a circle. Each totem will cast a beam to the center (beam color/element is equal to totem's element), dealing X damage.
Level one deals X dmg, level 2 deals Y dmg and lvl 3 deals Z dmg.
I want cooldown, damage, mana cost, etc to be editable.

Level 6
I'll see what I can do. The beam has to be a specified lightning effect?
[Edit]
I am nearly done, but I am unsure how you want the damage to occur? On a final explosion of the totems?
[Edit] I've added the map. I have still not figured the lightning completely out, and the this spell does no damage so far. Tell me how you want it and how you like it - and I'll fix the rest of the things asap :)

Attachments

• Request Totems 1.00.w3x
    87.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Level 4
Lol srry guys.. i had one idea after the other and i forgot i could edit ¬¬
btw dude, AWSOME WORK ON THE SPELL. but isnt one totem missing? please check. and i want the dmg instant. Each beam dealing 200 damage of the chosen element (i think in triggers u can make it deal fire/water/lightning etc dmg right?) at level one, 400 at level 2 and 600 at level 3. Thanks. +rep for you!
[Edit] also, the mana and life drain anims are goin from the center to the totem.. could u change it so it goes from the totem to the center?

{EDIT 1}
ATTENTION!! NEW REQUEST!!! please finish with my 1st request, but i need this spell too =)

Levels: 6
Each level decreases cooldown and increases mana cost (editable values).
Description: Creates a small lightning circle (not ball) in the casting point. The circle will expand, dealing 375 damage to each unit hit. When the circle expands to 700 aoe, it will call a big lightning in the center, and the circle will vanish. Units can only be hit once by the circle.

{EDIT 2}
ATTENTION(again)!! NEW REQUEST(again)!!! please finish with my 1st and 2nd requests, but i wish this spell too =)

Levels: 1
Description: The hero creates a big ice star in the floor. Units that walk in the star will be slowed by 70% and take 90 damage per second. The star lasts until there are no units on it, or for 25 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Double Posting / Double Threading
Please do not double post in threads or make two of the same thread. We have an edit button for a reason, if you accidently double posted/threaded, please delete it before we do.

Now this is really hard. ;D Triple-posting.
By the way, editing the post also shows the thread as "unreaded" for everybody but just doesn't move it to the tops of the list.

Level 6
Lol srry guys.. i had one idea after the other and i forgot i could edit ¬¬
btw dude, AWSOME WORK ON THE SPELL. but isnt one totem missing? please check. and i want the dmg instant. Each beam dealing 200 damage of the chosen element (i think in triggers u can make it deal fire/water/lightning etc dmg right?) at level one, 400 at level 2 and 600 at level 3. Thanks. +rep for you!
[Edit] also, the mana and life drain anims are goin from the center to the totem.. could u change it so it goes from the totem to the center?
I am still not sure how you want the damage, you want the whole area of 500 from the caster to be damaged? Or just when a unit hits a line of lightning?
I can only see 5 totems in the totempack but I may be wrong. I am currently sick and I am not getting this done today. Sometime tomorrow would be a good guess - but I'll see.
When I get this done, do you mind if I post the spell in the spell section? I'll credit you for the idea.
@ Aspard: I think he is a rather new user. Maybe you should refer him to the site's rules :)

Level 4
Feel free to post it in the spell section. The damage i would like it to be dealt when the unit hits a bem, so units in the center would take HEAVY damage, as they will get hit by all beams. Also, when youre done with the totem spell (notice the cd and mana cost are only things that change in the 3 spell levels), could you maybe try doing the other 2 spells? thanks

[Edit] When you put in the spells section, give credit to the totem models ^.^

Last edited:
Level 6
I've looked at it and my math skills just fail at this point. I am not able to find to location of each beam currently - it might be due to the reason that I am drugged up because I am sick ><.
Well, you would have to wait a few days to get this spell finished from me. If anyone else wants to take over the project I would have no grudge against it :)

Level 6
:bump:

Hope you get better from ur sickness =)
Also, you will get +2 rep for each spell that you can accomplish -.^

Thanks, I'll be better soon. I don't think I will be be able to accomplish the first spell anyways. I realized that lightning damage is out of my league ><.

For your second request I'd recommend this one Expanding Sphere. It's a spell recently made by D1000, and it's quite nice.

I think, I will be able to do your third request. If you want the damage to be different on the first one I could probably suggest something I am capable of :).
[Edit] Here I've worked on your third request. (Don't give me two reputation points)

Attachments

• Ice Star.w3x
    20.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Level 4
Ive seen the expanding sphere before, but it isnt really wat i need...
I need something like that circle to expand and when it reaches 700 aoe a big lightning comes in the center.
The Ice Star is 'somewat' wat i need... Could the spell be instant, star be bigger (i can edit the animation later), and the units that stand in it be damaged per second? Thanks
[Edit] Also, the totem spell.. if you think you cant make the units get damaged by a lightning, make all units in the area around the caster be damaged by 200 damage per totem. Thanks

Level 6
Ive seen the expanding sphere before, but it isnt really wat i need...
I need something like that circle to expand and when it reaches 700 aoe a big lightning comes in the center.
The Ice Star is 'somewat' wat i need... Could the spell be instant, star be bigger (i can edit the animation later), and the units that stand in it be damaged per second? Thanks
[Edit] Also, the totem spell.. if you think you cant make the units get damaged by a lightning, make all units in the area around the caster be damaged by 200 damage per totem. Thanks

The IceStar is instant, and it does damage the units standing on it. Let me go through the code once more.
I can make the totem spell to damage something in the whole area. I don't know why you would want it to be per totem though. The totems cannot be killed or anything. I could make it 5 different types of damage though. I could also try to be creative and add a little aura to each totem, maybe Wind totem slows. Earth totem increases damage of nearby units etc.

Level 4
it doesnt need to be per totem, just saying. like 5 totems = 5x200= 1k damage
i pmed u the 'auras' for the totems, and the ice star thing i think i didnt explain myself

instant like no target, example : war stomp
like the star is created under the caster, and whoever stays on top of the star will take 90 damage/sec and get slowed by 70%. If possible, the star should last until there is noone on top of it, or for 30 seconds. But please dont worry about it yet. I think 2 spells are too much work to do at the same time. Im making a custom race, so i have stuff to do while waiting for the spells =)

Level 4
nothing rlly incredible.. just a blood elf race. im like 75% done with units for it. Ive taken a look at a guide: How to: Creating your own race (or something like that)
units in my map are rlly weak, making you really dependant on heroes ^^ i have loads of awsome models of blood elves, especially ones from General Frank. If you would like to help, pm me =)

Level 6
I've done most of the things. I hope their okay. The damage is instant but I don't know why.
I need to go for now, need to drive my brother home. I may work on this next weekend if you something else, but I don't think I have time before ><

Attachments

• Ice Star 1.00.w3x
    21.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Request Totems 1.02.w3x
    92.1 KB · Views: 70
Level 4
Ok ill take a look at the spells. I asked Aspard to try to work on the lightning spell and the ice star too, to see if he can make no instant dmg. Thx
[Edit] The totem spell.. its rlly nice but the damage.. its doing like dmg per second.. ill try to make it simpler:

Just make it deal instant dmg to the units in the area when the spell is cast. The lightnings and the totems can remain after the damage is dealt, but just make the damage be dealt when the spell is cast.

Ice star:
awsome! but i think u didnt understand it yet..
make it like war stomp. no target.
the aoe of the star could be 550 ok
ill try to find a good model for that =)

Level 6
I'ved tried to fix the Ice Star spell, but please add a proper description yourself, any map-maker should be able to do that. Let me know if want a model instead. If you do want a model instead you could that yourself aswell. The dummy units model just needs to be replaced an have the right scale.

Attachments

• Ice Star 1.01.w3x
    29.6 KB · Views: 30
Level 6
There, I've set the damage to be instant.
The fire totem drains mana to the caster. Let me know if you want other triggered totem effects, I think you could do different auras yourself.
I hope this spell is done now.

Attachments

• Request Totems 1.03.w3x
    91.7 KB · Views: 40
Level 6
Pastebin's easy. You just upload the files (zip them if it won't upload them) and then give someone the link.

As for the bumping I was mostly referring to SilencerOfDoom. If you need to make another post, delete the previous one and post again or just edit it.
Well thanks now I do know :)
About editing a post, that would show the thread as unread anyways?
[Edit] I've added both maps.
The ice star one I don't think you're going to like it, since I don't do models, I can't help it. I could do something, which I have actually already posted - changing the terrain, it gives the best visual effect imo.
The totem one is a little bugged, I does not work the first time you cast it, the damage will only work if you wait 10 seconds after the first cast and recast it. This is some variables fucking up, I can't find them atm. I've also added an effect to the totem one.

Attachments

• Request Totems 1.04.w3x
    92.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Ice Star 1.02.w3x
    31.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Level 4
New Spell Request!!!!!

Ok, here is another spell i need help with:

Its a spell from the item Vorpal Chakram from HoSK.

This is how it is: Gives a 25% chance to multishot 5 arrows, each dealing (range/8) damage (1.5x that damage to heros).

I want it to have 6 levels. Each level should passively upgrade the hero's range by 150 (level 1 +150, lvl 2 300, 3 - 450, 4 - 600, 5 - 750, 6 - 900)

+rep for whoever helps

P.S.: Foopad, i PMed you the model for the Ice Star, and i hope it ready. Also, hows the totem spell goin?

P.S.S: Pyritie, sorry if im breaking some rules, but im new to the hive. Ill try to be more careful in the future.

{EDIT}
foopad you pmed me saying you uploaded the ice star and the totem spells on an older post that you made. I dont know which of them it is, so could you just post them on another post? Thanks. Also, you think you can do the chance to multishot one? Thanks!
[Edit] Rofl nvm.... found the link to the newer spells. Ill check them when i get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
You're breaking the rules again ><. You may not post another post directly after your own post. You just have to use the edit button :).
I've made the spells like you wanted.
[Edit] I've added the changes you wanted

Attachments

• Ice Star 1.03.w3x
    29.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Request Totems 1.05.w3x
    91.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Ice Star 1.04.w3x
    29.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Level 1
If you're interested, I can give you triggers for the vorpal chakram just as they are made in HoSK. It should be way easier to go from there.

Edit: Oh, but they're mostly JASS.

Status
Not open for further replies.