• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request [GUI]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok this is a spell request for GUI. I need help to make a spell. This is how it is:

Levels: 6 levels
Difficuly: I think its pretty easy to make, but im a noob at triggering :sad:
Passive Spell. Description: Everytime the hero casts a spell he has a 35% chance to create a Flame Nova dealing X damage in 300 AoE, 20% chance to create an Ice Nova dealing Y damage in 500 AoE and a 10% chance to create a Lightning Nova dealing Z damage in 700 AoE.

X/Y/Z = The damage that i want to be editable for me to change. The animation for the novas is something i dont really mind, so put any if you want.

Thanks. :spell_breaker:

Level 37
Here's a first version of the spell. Use Storm Bolt on the enemy unit. It has low mana cost and cooldown. I gave fire/ice/lightning each 33 % chance to go off so it's easier to test.

I might change the special effects and some other stuff. And there's only one level for now. Let me know what you think of this, is it what you're after.

Attachments

• Nova_Cast.w3x
    28.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Level 4
Wow awsome! thats just the way i want it. Could u now make it have 6 lvls and hmm maybe make the nova be explosion-like instead of projectiles goin in a circle? Btw, +rep for the awsome work. remember, 35% X fire dmg in 300 aoe, 20% Y ice damage in 500 aoe and 10% Z lightning dmg in 700 aoe. Btw, im making this a passive skill, so in the Nova trigger all i have to do is Condition - Ability being cast equal to [Spell]?

Last edited:
Level 4
Oh wait nvm.. to make the skill be actived by a passive would be:
Event - A Unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition - Unit has ability(or maybe have buff?) [Passive Nova]
right?

Level 37
Here you go, it now has 6 levels and does 50 damage per ability level. I changed the special effects. You can change the damage by changing

Nova_Damage_Fire
Nova_Damage_Ice
Nova_Damage_Lightning

variables. If you want the damage formula to be changed, it can be done also: I usually use:

Base damage + x * level of ability

Attachments

• Nova_Cast.w3x
    31.5 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.