• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Import Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Spell Import Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am rather new at this, but i do know the basics of spell importing. What I am asking is if there is a more efficient way to do it than the way I do it. Basically, I open the spell map, copy models, units, variables, triggers and w/e else is needed again and again and again. The worst part is that I have to close the map, open my map, paste it, open the previous map, copy, open other map and paste, and then suicide. It sux. Is there a better way to go about this? Please help a newbie out. (Also, what is the most effective order in importing? Copy models, units, variables, triggers? Or some other order? Thank you.

Merry Christmas :wgrin::wgrin::wgrin:

Oh, and please no JASS. I'm not touching that with a 4502 foot pole.

Level 13
JASS has nothing to do with this.

Yeah, that things bugs me too :)

Concerning triggers, I create a folder, put all triggers I want to import there and copy and paste it to the map.

Concerning units, if you're importing it in a new map, you can just save the object data from one map and load it from the other (the one you want to import in). If not, then there's no other way.

Concerning imported data, I usually save all imported data (there's an option for that somewhere) and just load it on the other map.

Concerning variables, just enable the automatically create new variables when pasting trigger data in preferences (FILE -> PREFERENCES).

Somehow, I'm getting the idea that you're closing and opening those maps every time you're importing something instead of just switching between them in the WINDOW bar.......but that's just me.

Oh, and please no JASS. I'm not touching that with a 4502 foot pole.

Hehe, that's what I said a while ago........but things change, you'll see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.