• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Sorry I am very new to this whole map making thing, and I am sure this has ben answered before, but I could not find it. I looked at the importing sticky and that did not help me. What i need help with is getting the spells posted into one of my maps. I tried opening the maps with the spell I want in it, then copying the ablility to my map, and applying it to a hero, but that did not work. I am sure it is very easy to do i just cant for the life of me figure out how. Any help would be appreciated.

Level 7
Well as Daelin's tutorial said you have to copy the buffs(if any). then the spell. Then if its triggered you must copy triggers and any dummies that the triggers are using. Dummies are units that act to add effects to a spell or help to perform some actions of the trigger. If the triggers use JASS then for the triggers you must check the raw codes of the spells(this is the alphanumerical code that is assigned to the spell by the editor, you can see it by hitting Ctrl-D, the code will then appear where the name of the spell is) Note that this is caps sensitive(I believe). If you still don't understand I suggest you read the tutorial again and play around with the editor some more before you go playing with importing triggered spells. Or get help from someone more experienced, I suggest Daelin if you can get him to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.