• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spell Immunity Big Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi all:)
How can i solve this kind of annoying bug?
The bug works in the same way with the following spells and even more than that:
Entangling Roots (Night Elf Hero)
Chain Lightning (Orc Hero)
Death Coil (Undead Hero)
etc.

I want to put this kind of spells as ultimate in my map with
Stats - Required Level: 6
I have units with spell immunity there and is supposed to be "Units with Spell immunity" and i still can target them with magic spells and disable them as you can see in the video because of this bug...

Here is the video with the bug and how it works...

If you find any solution, the help will be appreciated! :)

Level 12
This is not a bug (okay you can consider it as a bug, but it is something that game developers intentionally did, not by accident), ultimate spells are designed to ignore spell immunities and engine classifies abilities which has level requirement 6 or higher as an ultimate (I think another requirement might be ability must be an hero ability, not sure). This is specificly done for melee game balance purposes, similar to "orb effects do not stack" thing. There might be a gameplay constant specificly for this.

Edit: level requirement > 1 is enough, 6 is not necessary. Can someone tell me how I cross-out a text?

Last edited:
Level 10
to FeelsGoodMan
Yes, i tried with all type of spell immunity skills - same result

This is not a bug (okay you can consider it as a bug, but it is something that game developers intentionally did, not by accident), ultimate spells are designed to ignore spell immunities and engine classifies abilities which has level requirement 6 or higher as an ultimate (I think another requirement might be ability must be an hero ability, not sure). This is specificly done for melee game balance purposes, similar to "orb effects do not stack" thing. There might be a gameplay constant specificly for this.

As you can see in the video, the spell pierce spell immunity even with Level Requirement 2 or anything above 1
I still need a solution for this..

Level 12
to FeelsGoodMan
Yes, i tried with all type of spell immunity skills - same result

As you can see in the video, the spell pierce spell immunity even with Level Requirement 2 or anything above 1
I still need a solution for this..
Then what I initially said was false, correct statement is "level requirement > 1 makes an ability considered as ultimate ability". For solution, as I said check gameplay constants field Gameplay - Magic Immunity something something ultimate.

Level 10
Status
Not open for further replies.