1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spell Ideas Needed

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by BlackShogun, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Lestat(br)

Lestat(br)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Fire + Water = Vaporize:
    The caster becomes invisible. By touching at an enemy he will jump back due to the burning hot vapor.

Air => Whirlwind:
    The caster becomes invulnerable. He will constantly move (as if in bladestorm), sucking units to his position. If any unit reaches the center of the whirlwind, this unit dies.

Water => Waterwalk: This ability can only be used in shallow water or deep water. The caster becomes invisible, as if he had sunk into the water. His movement speed is greatly increased, until the spell effect has wore out. The caster will be able to teleport to any region containing water, killing units in an area. If he leaves the water during Waterwalk, the invisibility effects disappear with 2 seconds fading time.

Fire => Ring of Fire:
    Creates a circle of fire around you. Any unit who leaves the circle dies. Enemies of the caster get 30% slow on it.

Earth => Flesh to Stone
    Petrifies a target, so he will be invulnerable to attacks, unselectable, unmovable and blind for 3 seconds. When he comes back to normal, he will have a 50% movespeed reduction still, since he was just turned to stone.

Well, I hope you understood Blood Control...if an unit was ordered to move to X, and X is 500.00 distance away towards 270.00 degrees, instead he will be ordered by triggers to move to 500 distance away towards 270 - 180 = 90 degrees. (You should deactivate this trigger for a fraction of second, or it would be a never-ending loop)

2. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    ah i get it now, it sounds pretty good, probably use this

as much as i like this, when you move a unit using triggers they cant do anything else, which means people wont be able to run away, so it will definitely kill any enemy thats within sucking range.

there isnt any function that can change a units movement type (foot=>amphibious) so i dont even know if i will be able to make those attuned to water walk on water at all anymore, im still trying to find a way to do this.

yea thats how i was imagining it, almost like a mirror was placed between the two units. although now im thinking about it i cant think of anything that would stop this being overpowered, unless either A: the caster cannot cast other spells whilst this is active, or B: the controled unit can still be used normally, but every time the caster recieves an order, the target recieves the same order, but the person who owns that unit can change the order by designating a new order, so it would be more of a distraction than full control.

3. doom_sheep

doom_sheep

Resources:
    Resources:
    smoke bomb
    creates a large cloud. everyone inside have their line of sight reduced to 100 as long as theyre inside.

ice bubble
    creates an invisible wardlike unit on the target point. when destroyed stuns all enemies and detonates any other bubbles in range. caster should possibly have a spell that can shoot projectile on bubble to detonate it.

wind trick
    gives greatly increased movement speed and invulnerability for a short duration... but when it ends u are teleported back to the casting point :D

something
    fires a dummy that can be ordered as the caster moves. (it will turn to a point u order the caster)

4. Zinive

Zinive

Resources:
    Resources:
    hehe as i said the names are a bit extreme :wink:

5. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    @doom_sheep: sry dnt think i will use those, well there will be smoke bombs in the game but i had already thought of that xD this thread only contains element spells, but theres lots of other stuff not mentioned here

@Zinive: hehe yup i just need the spell ideas, i can come up with names myself if you guys cant think of them :xxd:

6. Mage_Goo

Mage_Goo

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Fire Storm
    Make a twister that kill unit standing in its way.

Petrify
    make target unit stoned and can't move nor attack

Kamikaze
    Set countdown to target unit, when countdown expired it explode the unit, kill unit that near it.

Create Magma(dunno what name)
    Change the target location to lava that harm unit that walk above it.

Mud
    Change location to mud that slow unit walk in it, after few second, mud will change back to land and harm unit that in the location.

ant lion
    summon ant lion that can't move, make location on it change to sand and suck unit that move to near to its. Ant lion is invisible and invulnerable.

Lava sword
    Create weapon from magma and wield it, cause a unit to exploded when killed by caster and cause AoE damage. after few minutes when wielder didn't kill any unit, this weapon will explode and kill the wielder. Drops weapon when dead and can't wielded more than one. when this weapon is dropped and not wielded in a few minutes, it will explode and cause AoE damage.

7. Lestat(br)

Lestat(br)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Fire + Air = Burning Haste: The caster walks really fast in a direction (more than 522, can be achieved by JASS triggers, like 700) for 3 seconds. If he reaches an enemy in his path, he kills him. Else, the caster dies at the end of the path.

8. STARS-ZombE

STARS-ZombE

Resources:
    Resources:
    Air:
    "Thin Air"
    Casting unit disappears for 1 second then reappears within a 700 unit radius of the targeted unit. The caster then quickly charges a nuke for .85 seconds to for massive damage. If the caster is selecting by the targeted player though, the attack fails.

9. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Water + Earth: Cavitation
    Bubbles of water rises through the earth and makes the ground to liquid trapping any units in the targeted area (even the caster) for 5 seconds and those whom enters the area will be trapped for the remaining time of the spell. While trapped units can't move.

Hope you like it:grin:

EDIT: I know the spell sounds like Quicksand but i think Cavitation sounds more original.

10. doom_sheep

doom_sheep

Resources:
    Resources:
    bladestorm
    bladestorm spell that doesnt actually do damage. makes the caster invulnerable and pushbacks nearby enemies to a random direction.

11. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm i like cavitation and bladestorm (although i would probably rename bladestorm and ofc make it element sounding :p) may well add these, for cavitation i might make it so that it reduces movement by % per second until their movement is 0% then theyre stuck (unless they get out the cavitation ofc)

12. Zinive

Zinive

Resources:
    Resources:
    An update which elements you still need would be nice.

Air:

Lightning Warp Shurikan

The caster throws a well not fast but also not slow moving shurikan towards its target point. If it has hit a unit in this time the spell will end if it missed it will be transformed into a lightning flying insanly fast back to the caster and killing off anything in its path. (This Spell will not damage the caster as he catches the Shurikan)

Fire + Water
    Secret Art: Frozen Incineration
    The Caster will channel a Mighty Spell the target will be gradually slowed over 5 seconds to the point where it can only move with 10% of its normal speed. After this time the Caster of this spell can move freely again and 3 seconds Later an intense flame will shoot out from the ground Killing anything it touches. The second part with the flame can be prevented by killing the caster. The frost cannot be prevented and will last for additional 6 seconds.

Demon Art: Shivering Inferno (only usable near water)
    Creates a large cloud of mist around the target blocking its vision. After 3 Seconds the cloud will turn into an Inferno killing off anything within. So the target has to move out of the cloud but that is not easy. The Cloud will follow the target as long as it is near water.

Cold Rage
    The caster will inject a violent mixture. The caster will then gain an insane increase in vision sight, move speed and attack speed. At the Same time a mist will cover the caster that slows enemies and hides him from sight (however you will still see the cloud, this will also protect him from any spell that needs you to select him as target). After 10 seconds the casters dies.

Air+Earth
    Secret Art: Sky Shatter
    in a target Area rocks will start to fall from the sky. Each rock needs 1,5 seconds to reach the earth. The second rock falls 1 second after the first. the third will fall 0.9 seconds after the second and so on. Until the Point where the whole area will be covered with a great barrage of stones.

Forbidden Art: Assassins Spear.
    This spell targets an area outside of your vision (it cannot target anything within the vision of you or your allies.) A Spear lick rock is launched from the ground behind the caster to that point. Upon impact it will shatter releasing several sharp shards in the target area.

Ritual of the Broken Earth
    This is also a long range spell that needs 10 seconds channeling it can target nearly every area of the map. After Finishing the spell the Earth will shaken throwing any unit in a random angle in the sky then Ice and Earth spike will crush through the surface and impale any unlucky unit that was thrown into the air.

13. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Zinive, if you need to see what elements are still needed, just look at the original post, i do update it, where it says "Needed" i need a spell ^^ some of those ideas of yours are cool, but slightly overkill xD i really like the lightning warp shuriken, but i would rather not involve a shuriken in it, although im not sure how to use it, but when i, or you, think of something i'll add it.

14. doom_sheep

doom_sheep

Resources:
    Resources:
    Curse
    Creates a large projectile that when hitting a unit, gives it curse buff. every second the curse will jump into a new unit if there is one within x range. after some time the curse will kill the unit it is on.

possibly curse should give invulnerability, silence or add/reduce movement speed.

EDIT: added 2 moar spells

Giant Worm
    creates a terrain deformation that moves quickly to the target point, killing everything it touches and leaving an unpassable cliff behind (lasts x seconds). after it reaches the point it will stop for 1 second, then go to a random point. repeats x times.

Eruption
    at random points in an area, molten rocks burst out of the ground with incredible speed. after x seconds they land and kill stuff from the area again.

15. Zinive

Zinive

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah but each has its own weakness just jumping wont help you against them but they still doesn't mean you can not avoid death.

Fire:
    Chain of Smoldering Faith
    The caster shoots a chain instantly at a target unit. The chain is linked on the targeted unit and will move with him. On the other side of the chain is a Firebomb which explodes after 10 seconds in a medium aoe range. However if the target moves away from the bomb the chain will lengthen and if he jumps, stays still or moves toward the bomb the chain will shorten itself. The target however is silenced and immune to all other spells. In order to survive this spell you have to run away fast and wide.

Water
    Secret Art: Withering Seal
    A debuff is set on the target lasting for 2 Minutes when ever the target uses a fire or water spell the duration refreshes itself. And an Additional Debuff is set on the target called wither. Once you have 3 of these debuffs you die instantly.

Earth
    Stone Trick #99
    The caster shots a small Bullet like rock on its target upon impact a debuff is set. Once 3 debuffs are applied the target dies.

Fire + Earth
    Molten Pillar
    First you will see a small rumble in the targeted area. After 1 second a Pillar made of Smoldering Earth erupts from the earth killing everything above it in a very small area. Another second later the Pillar will bask and unleash a tide of lave to its surroundings. So in order to dodge this spell you have to move away from the center and then jump.
    (This works like a small flame strike and a nova shortly after the flame strike)

Twin Elemental Fists
    One hand gets a earthy glow effect the other hand a fire effect. After 2 seconds of casting time a fist of fire is shots at the target one second later a fist of earth erupts from the ground. So you can only dodge it if you jump forward or sidewards or backwards.

Fire + Air
    Rampaging Fire
    The caster shoots a fireball at a Location, however the fireball will not fly directly towards it. It will use some zig-zag pattern.

Demon Art: Devils Burning Cyclone
    6 Fireballs will be shooted out in 6 different directions from the caster. The fireballs will then start circling around the caster. And of cause follow the movements of the caster and whenever an enemy unit meets such a nice fireball both die.

Air + Earth
    Holy Art: Heavens Scythe
    The target unit becomes a debuff and a small counter over its head. The counter counts down from 10 if it reaches zero a highly compressed steam of air will hit the ground where the target was 1 second ago. The counter then is reseted (if the target did not die to this). If it reaches 0 the steam of air will erupt from the ground where the target was 1 second ago. This will repeat like 4 times. (If this is possible the steam from the ground will force the unit to jump.)

Water + Earth
    Summoning Art: Mud Contraption
    This will create a small mud golem which will for the next 30 seconds move slowly towards its target. And will melee once it is within range. However the speed of the golem will increase the farer it is away from its target.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  16. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the giant worm's terrain deformation, although it may cover too much ground if it changes direction, also sounds similar to my Expanding Earth spell which is in the spell list on first post. But i think the terrain deformation sounds gooooood so i will edit the expanding earth like that :D

17. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Fire + Earth: Ward of Flaming Stone (Can't come up with a good name:cry:)

The caster places a ward that creates a shield of burning stone around the caster.
    The ward will replenish the shield every 10 seconds it's alive (can live up to 60 seconds if not killed).
    The shield will make the caster invurnable for up to 5-8 seconds or until it blocks 1 attack or spell.

Hope you understand what i mean :grin:

18. Zinive

Zinive

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm ok seems you still need more

Fire+Air

Infernal Ash Steam
    The caster will create a cloud with a small radius on his position (killing enemy units and friends but not self) Then a wind will blow the Cloud in a random direction where it will fly in a compressed steam (something like a laser). Once it reaches its destination the cloud will spread out a bit and vanish shortly after.

Smoldering Cyclone
    in a larger area a wall of wind will be created around the caster. In the inside a fire will start to move in a spiral pattern outside of the wall.

Devouring Flame
    a Special flame is created after 1 second casting at a target area. After 1 more seconds a small whirlwind is created around the fire sucking all units within the whirl into the fire. After another second the whirl expands to the double size and vanishes after 5 seconds have passed.

19. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like part of the idea of smoldering cyclone, i like the idea of harming enemies in a ring around the caster, so people inside the ring are fine, and those outside are fine, so it takes accuracy to get the enemy but it can kill multiple enemies and is instant, so if you're good with it then it can be a very powerful spell. I will make a spell like this based on smoldering cyclone ^^

20. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    How about the Burning stone shield thing (fire + earth)? :confused: