• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I wish you a good day,

can someone, please, create for me a spell which will make the casting unit rush (with increased speed) towards a targeted point?

Also, if a unit is located at a nearly exact point onto which is the charge spell being targeted, the target/effected unit will be damaged and stunned for a few seconds. Additionally, all the units in the path of the charging unit will be damaged and dazed for a short period of time. Moreover, the charge spell should be usable only while having no obstacle (cliff, deep water, doodads [except units or destructibles which do not block line of sight]) in its path.

I intend to use this spell in one of my RPG projects. I was looking through-out the Spell resource section however, I have not found something similar to this.

I am looking forward to your kind replies and thank you in advance.

Level 5
You mean like Spirit Breaker's Charge of Darkness ability but with modication such a
- Target is Point and unit will charge to the Target point.
- Stop when blocked by cliffs/tress/doodads,etc.
Correct?

Yes, I want it to be a charge, but I was not reffering to this one (I did not even know about it). I intend to make it an ability for a Tauren Warrior. Player will select the Tauren's Charge ability, select target location, the Tauren will charge the location if there is no obstacle (as both we pointed out) in between. If there is any unit in the target location, it will be stunned by the charging Tauren and damaged. Also, all units in his path will be dazed and damaged.

In relation to the "Charge of Darkness" ability, from what I have learned of it, this Charge will not "change target to the nearest enemy" once the target in the target location is dead, as it will exclusively stun any target (no matter if one unit escapes that location and the other one takes it place while the Tauren is charging) only within the targeted point/location.

Level 5
Let me just get this clear, Example scenario:
Tauren targets a location at the other side of an uncrossable river, so Tauren will begin charging (moving to the target location) and will only stop when he reaches the river (since he cannot pass)?

Well, I appreciate your interest, Shadow Flux - your inquiries are helping to avoid possible future problems with the usability of this ability. So, now two scenarios came to my mind after you pointed out this problem:

1. Your proposition, with causing final effect (stunning effect) on the last point (where the Tauren will stop before the uncrossable obstacle).
2. The Tauren, after recieving an order to use Charge, will start looking for a position "from which there will be no obstacle between him and a target point" (Edit).

Which one, from your perspective, or perspective of other possible debaters, is a better option?

Level 23
Well, I appreciate your interest, Shadow Flux - your inquiries are helping to avoid possible future problems with the usability of this ability. So, now two scenarios came to my mind after you pointed out this problem:

1. Your proposition, with causing final effect (stunning effect) on the last point (where the Tauren will stop before the uncrossable obstacle).
2. The Tauren, after recieving an order to use Charge, will start looking for a position from which he will be able to perform it.

Which one, from your perspective, or perspective of other possible debaters, is a better option?

To be honest, I don't know.
In #2, it's like Issuing an order to move to the target location but with a much greater movement speed while in #1, Tauren's position is periodically moved because the angle from casting point to target point matters and pathability is checked. I think #2 is better because players may get frustrated when Tauren gets blocked by just a single tree.

Level 5
To be honest, I don't know.
In #2, it's like Issuing an order to move to the target location but with a much greater movement speed while in #1, Tauren's position is periodically moved because the angle from casting point to target point matters and pathability is checked. I think #2 is better because players may get frustrated when Tauren gets blocked by just a single tree.

My apologize, but I am not sure if I completely understand the mechanic you described (I am not an expert in triggering - its terminology and all posibilities and workings).

However, if you consider #2 to be the better option, and I understand it correctly that you may create this ability for me, I incline to your opinion - I approve the proposition #2 for application. It can be reviewed and changed later after being tested in practice or after considering other future opinions.

This question may remain open however, for possible views from other forum members.

Level 5
Here take a look at this

Although I suggest you wait for it to be approved because I might miss something. If you want, you can test it yourself and report the bug(s) you found because I really haven't tested it enough.

I thank you, Shadow Flux, for your willingness to help and the work you have done. I would like now to turn to you in this matter in a more private environment - I will send you a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.