• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Books with construction orderID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I discovered a pretty neat feature, that wasn't covered in spellbook guides like this The Theory Behind Spellbooks and that How to: Make Spellbooks and wanted to share it.

Colliding spellbooks also works with a build button, if you set the orderID to the corresponding build order of a unit's race: "humanbuild", "orcbuild", "undeadbuild", "nightelfbuild", "nagabuild" and "build". This way you can have buildings mixed with spells (for whatever reason you would want that).

I used it to hide build button from some units, who could still build if ordered with triggers, while not hiding it from other units. For that purpose I made the button position of undead build to (0, -11) and gave units that dont need this button hidden an empty spellbook collided with undeadbuild. When pressed it opens a standard build menu.

Level 9
Hm, I think it would be very useful if one tried to replicate Warcraft III Alpha, where most Undead buildings were more like permanent spells cast onto the base, and required Mana instead of gold to build.

Level 9
I want to add to this. Spells from spellbook will fill empty places for icons (in the order they added in spellbook) after icons of structures, so, unit can still build all mentioned in OE structures along using spells from spellbook.

NEL

NEL

Level 6
Also you can use the Spellbook with Select Unit/Hero ability to display the drop rate of the items and he can able to cast his spells.

upload_2018-12-28_15-4-29.png

Level 9
I found a bug with this feature.

Built constructions are not count in final statistics screen if you use spellbook with the same order id as build menu of your worker.

UPD 26.04: added test map with this issue.

Attachments

• TempMap.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.