• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Animation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
One of my heroes I am making uses the Troll Batrider's model. This model's only spell animation is the one used for the original Batrider's suicide ability.

When he casts one my custom abilities, it uses the attack animation (as i assigned in the Animation Names parameter), but once he learns the second level of the ability, it reverts to using his spell animation instead (AKA the batrider exploding). This only happens for one of my custom abilities and Im not quite sure how I can fix it.

Any suggestions?

Level 7
i don't think it's possible,
because like the goblin sapper, every time it uses a spell it jumps and explodes, soo try using a different model.

Level 2
i don't think it's possible,
because like the goblin sapper, every time it uses a spell it jumps and explodes, soo try using a different model.

The thing is, it works for level 1 of the ability. and it works for every level of his other abilities - its just levels 2 - 7 of one ability only that it does this.

Level 35
Hm... I don't know what the problem is, I just tested out the model with a couple of different abilities (changing the animation to attack) and it worked perfectly. I tested Blizzard and Storm Bolt (created custom Storm Bolt to be sure).

Are you changing the animation on the ability on the topmost art option? (I don't think you could change it any where else...) What ability are you using, anyway?

If worse comes to worse, you could always use a trigger stating that whenever a unit starts the effect of that ability, it will play its attack animation.

Level 2
I used a custom version of Cluster Rockets (The ability actually doesnt do anything except act as a shell, every effect is done using triggers)

Yes, I changed the animation names at the top to "attack" (the name for the death is Spell Death)

I think ill have to end up making the animation triggered too - it seems really odd that this happens though...The strangest part is that it works for level 1 and not the rest of the ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.