• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A new problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well, i have made this spell-book that contains an ability for different animations. each spell is based of the "berserk-item" ability. its one spell for the attack animation, one for death and so on.

but my problem is:
When i use any of the abilities in the spellbook, it doesnt use the ability i click on, it uses the "play attack" ability. This happens whatever ability i use.

So i end up with the unit playing the attack animation.

Would like help fast. :cute:

Level 6
Ok help fast incoming.

It's because they all are based on the same ability. To work they all have to be based on diffrent abilities.

-Sinizi :)

Level 5
:S

Now i have different strings on all five abilities, on both "Order String - Use/Turn On" and "Order String - Activate"

Still... the unit only uses the attack ability.

If i mass click an ability tho', so that it is being used before the cooldown on the first ability i used cooldowns. it goes on to the next ability.

Level 6
I tried changing the string in 2 abilities into 2 diffrent thing. Then I change the hotkeys to W and E. (Named the spells W and E)
Then I ran a test of the map. It seemed like it was no matter if I clicked W or E, my dummy allways used the E before W.

Now i have different strings on all five abilities, on both "Order String - Use/Turn On" and "Order String - Activate"

Still... the unit only uses the attack ability.

If i mass click an ability tho', so that it is being used before the cooldown on the first ability i used cooldowns. it goes on to the next ability.

Then you have to do as I said first and make diffrent abilities for every emotion.

-Sinizi

Level 5
yay...

Why does everything have to be so "not easy".... well, thx for the help anyway :D

Level 8
actually there is a way. in neutral hostlike-heroes there is ability called channel.
It can be customized to do almost anything. you could try using this ability.
it can change base order ID to solve cooldown problem. in data field-option you must click visible.

Level 5
getting even more confused :p

Well, i tried using the channel ability, and it worked well untill i actually tested it :D

Well heres the event: My "faceless" dude kept on attacking nothing forever, without me able to command him anymore, while my "murloc" showed the death animation once, then returned to normal. both used an untriggered spell called "play death" i made from the channel ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.