• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Problem with Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm trying to make a spell that uses the animation "attack" when it is cast. For testing purposes, I made a copy of the ability called "Cluster Rockets." The only thing I changed on the ability was its "Text - Name" field and its "Art - Animation" field.

The ability works perfectly at rank 1, the archer uses its attack animation when using this ability. However, at rank 2 or any of the other ranks there is no animation at all, she just stands there while using the ability.

I've looking through these forums extensively and through the other websites but I haven't seen anyone else with this problem (posted anyway). If anyone could help me out with this problem so that the archer uses the attack animation on all ranks, it would be greatly appreciated.

Level 8
This is kind of a old topic but i had the same problem anyway. There is no way to fix that i guess. You can use another channel aoe spell instead of cluster and make a dummy unit that casts real cluster rockets thing. The dummy spell you choose can be "cloud" skill of human dragonhawk rider. You can set animations without problem and will need to use couple of triggers to start-stop spell. In eg: You start the spell, dummy starts too but you receive a storm bolt and get stunned during channel; so dummy must be trigger-stopped in order to prevent problems :)

Level 1
This is kind of a old topic but i had the same problem anyway. There is no way to fix that i guess. You can use another channel aoe spell instead of cluster and make a dummy unit that casts real cluster rockets thing. The dummy spell you choose can be "cloud" skill of human dragonhawk rider. You can set animations without problem and will need to use couple of triggers to start-stop spell. In eg: You start the spell, dummy starts too but you receive a storm bolt and get stunned during channel; so dummy must be trigger-stopped in order to prevent problems :)

Ah, I see, so I'll have to use triggers in order for the animation to work correctly... I tried searching on the forums for someone with a similar problem but never came across anything, so I appreciate the feedback. It's been awhile, but at least now I can get this working. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.