• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

special effects disspare on hero death, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have a special effect to when you buy a certain item, it will place a sword in the heros left hand that has the magic sentry ability.

but my problem is that when the hero dies, or goes into metamorphasis, or avatar, or any change at all, the special effect is gone, and so is the magic sentry, even though the item is still in the inventory. please help so that it is always there!

Level 22
Add some triggers like:

Event:
A hero finishes reviving
Condition:
Hero- (revived hero) has item of type (like a sword) in inventroy (not sure how that conditon works out, but something like that is in there somewhere)
Action
Special effect: Create special effect at point of left/right hand of (revived hero) using...

As for when a hero uses metamprphesis and Avatar, use a trigger like this:

Event:
A unit begins casting an ability
Conditoin:
Unit- (triggering unit) is a hero= True
Hero- (hero) had (item-type) in inventroy (or however that condition works out, but something like that is in there)
Action:
Wait ??? seconds (the duration of the spell)
Special effect- Create a special effect at left/right hand of (triggering unit) using...

Hope this helps.
-VGsatomi

Level 4
thanks for your help, i got it so that the special effect stays no matter what, death, casting ability, whatever.

but now my problem is when the hero dies, the item ability doesnt stay with the hero. i have magic sentry on the item, so when he dies, it goes away unless i drop and pick the item back up... how can i keep item abilities through metamorph, avatar, and revive?

Status
Not open for further replies.