• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove Special Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey guys!

I have a little problem with deleting a special effect. I'm making a spell for my boss at my campaign. Trigger goes like this:

• Actions
    • Unit - Pause BOSS
    • Unit - Make BOSS Invulnerable
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of BOSS using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of BOSS using Abilities\Spells\Human\ManaShield\ManaShieldCaster.mdl
    • Set Boss_SE_1 = (Last created special effect)
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of BOSS using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostArmor\FrostArmorTarget.mdl
    • Set Boss_SE_2 = (Last created special effect)
    • Animation - Play BOSS's stand channel animation
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
    • Animation - Play BOSS's spell animation
    • Set Real_Variable_1 = 0.00
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Real_Variable_1 = (Real_Variable_1 + 90.00)
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of BOSS) offset by 200.00 towards Real_Variable_1 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
    • Wait 0.23 seconds
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Real_Variable_1 = (Real_Variable_1 + 45.00)
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of BOSS) offset by 350.00 towards Real_Variable_1 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
    • Wait 0.23 seconds
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Real_Variable_1 = (Real_Variable_1 + 30.00)
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of BOSS) offset by 500.00 towards Real_Variable_1 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
    • Wait 0.23 seconds
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of (Position of BOSS) matching ((((Matching unit) is in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Cause BOSS to damage (Picked unit), dealing 300.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Animation - Reset BOSS's animation
    • Special Effect - Destroy Boss_SE_1
    • Special Effect - Destroy Boss_SE_2
    • Unit - Make BOSS Vulnerable
    • Unit - Unpause BOSS
So, why that special effect(Mana Shield + Frost Armor) won't go away? I'm using Fire Lord as my model. I would like to have quick replay if it's possible. The one who solve this will have some rep!

Level 15
Some special effects have a "death time", keep that in mind so you can remove the special effects at a time such that it will be removed at the desired time. Example, a special effect takes 3 seconds to get destroyed, try destroying it 3 seconds before the actual time you want it to get destroyed but this method might prove to be hard to do :p

Status
Not open for further replies.