• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

One mother of a trigger spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This trigger was one pain in the arse, and i got most of it but i just cant get any further! heres how it goes..
(Its a trigger for a certain spell)

Burning Skin On
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Burning Skin
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand, left of (Triggering unit) using Environment\SmallBuildingFire\SmallBuildingFire2.mdl
Set Hand1 = (Last created special effect)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand, right of (Triggering unit) using Environment\SmallBuildingFire\SmallBuildingFire2.mdl
Set Hand2 = (Last created special effect)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the foot, left of (Triggering unit) using Environment\SmallBuildingFire\SmallBuildingFire2.mdl
Set Foot1 = (Last created special effect)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the foot, right of (Triggering unit) using Environment\SmallBuildingFire\SmallBuildingFire2.mdl
Set Foot2 = (Last created special effect)
Set ChaosDruidU = (Casting unit)

Is the activation Trigger, works just fine.

Burning Skin Off Deac
Events
Advanced - Any Unit is Issued Any Order
Conditions
(Issued order) Equal to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Deactivate Immolation
Actions
Special Effect - Destroy Hand1
Special Effect - Destroy Hand2
Special Effect - Destroy Foot1
Special Effect - Destroy Foot2

Is for the deactivation,this spell was based off of Immolation so yea.

Burning Skin Off Death
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Sylvier
Actions
Special Effect - Destroy Hand1
Special Effect - Destroy Hand2
Special Effect - Destroy Foot1
Special Effect - Destroy Foot2

Obviously for removal upon death, also works.

Now heres where i just could not figure it out no matter how hard I tried time and time again. I need the effects to disappaer when the heroes mana is below 10 or 1 or w/e, I tried just about everything I could think of for 3 hours, but when i found some certain things that would work. They wouldn't....hard to explain really....

So...How can i get the effects to be removed upon having no mana. Any suggestions?

Level 7
try:
use a unit variable to store the caster. to do so, add this function to your first trigger as the first action:
set "unitvariable" = castingunit
Code:
event: "unitvariable" mana becomes smaller than 10
action: specialeffect - destroy hand1
etc.

it should work

Level 4
1. It won't let me choose variables in the unit space, only ones that showed up were units placed on the map from the begining.

2. I just realized I could just change the target attatchment points.........which makes the 3 hours i wasted 100% pointless o_o as well as the space I wasted on the site.

Level 9
OoOo Talkthrough!!

Here goes, this is what i want you to open (these windows)

-Your map
-Trigger editor
-Your trigger (for under x mana)
-Make a new action (ehh, lets say 'unit - create'.
-Go to where it says 'footman' (the unit to be created)

---

Now, there are a few fields you can edit. at the top:
o Preset
o Variable
o Function

Right to 'variable' is a gray space, at the right side of that, a button 'Edit Variables'

Click it!

---

A new window pops up.

-Press the green button (this makes a new variable)
-Name Your variable 'burningcaster'
-Set the variable type to 'Unit (unit)'
-Click 'OK'

---

Your variable is now made.
Now implement into your triggers:

The ability start trigger
'Set burningcaster = (Casting unit)'
AND
Trigger - turn on Burnstop (burnstop is shown below, set it to off by default.

When you want the skill to stop:

Code:
Burnstop
    Events
        Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Mana of burningcaster) Less than 10.00
            Then - Actions
                Special Effect - Destroy Your_Special_effects
            Else - Actions

---

This code will work only if there is only one unit with the burningskin ability, i can make code for it to work for multiple units, but you'll have to do with this for now.

Tell me if you encounter any more problems, good luck!

Level 4
I know what variables are, and how to edit them, how do you think i set the foot1 etc. The problem is, on the one the other guy said under variables, the only thing there were units that were preset on the map and selected for other triggers. Which might i add dont show up on the edit trigger table. get what i mean now?

Level 9
alright smartass, i'm sorry i even tried to help.
although if you were smart enough to read what i posted before, you would have seen that i used a different method, which did work.
But i do think you're being really unthankful.

Level 8
You can easily set unit variables to non-preplaced units using event responses.

When you're attaching so many attachment points, I think it'd be easier for you if you made a modified "Tornado Slow Aura" or "Life Regeneration Aura" with no effect and no targets with the art in the appropriate places, and add and remove that ability as applicable.

Level 4
Angelusz said:
although if you were smart enough to read what i posted before, you would have seen that i used a different method, which did work.

Sorry, I have a bad habbit of not reading long posts lol, i just skim the begining and post, but since you said it, i must quote my favorite quote. I'd rather be a smartass than a dumbass :D

Level 9
Sponge3737 said:
Angelusz said:

Sorry, I have a bad habbit of not reading long posts lol, i just skim the begining and post, but since you said it, i must quote my favorite quote. I'd rather be a smartass than a dumbass :D

well, alright then. did it work or not?

Level 4
I was supposed to test it? ugh....Well I'm sure it will work just by looking at it, except can you really put the variable after Mana of there? and is it Unit, Unit-Type, or somethin else?

I'm goin asleep nows so i'll try it tomorow~

Level 6
umm

maybe i'm wrong...
but couldn't you just make a modified ability (off immolation) by changing the attatchment art and points?
it just seems to me that you dont actually need a trigger to make this spell...

Bort

(BTW, think thats a trigger spell? see my Chaotic Energy or Nuke ones for my map :S:S:S)

Level 4
Bort said:
umm

maybe i'm wrong...
but couldn't you just make a modified ability (off immolation) by changing the attatchment art and points?
it just seems to me that you dont actually need a trigger to make this spell...

Bort

(BTW, think thats a trigger spell? see my Chaotic Energy or Nuke ones for my map :S:S:S)

Taken care of, read all the posts

Status
Not open for further replies.