• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

i have a problem. with a trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
k im good at triggers and everything but this dosnt work.

item placed in slot one

condition
item equal to xxxx

action:
destroy special effect variable[player number of triggering player] (just incase there is already a special effect for the player)

create special effect attached to weapon of hero minipulating item

set special effect variable[player number of triggering player] = last created special effect

this should work, but it dosnt.

Level 2
k here it is:
  • event:
    Advanced - Any unit moves any item to inventory slot 1
    condition:
    Advanced - Any unit moves any item to inventory slot 1

action:
    Special Effect - Destroy specialeffect[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
    Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using war3mapImported\Konstrukt_AssaultRifleAttachment.MDX
    Wait 0.05 seconds
    Set specialeffect[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created special effect)

Level 9
Why is it that the event & condition are the same?

I think the whole trigger will not work simply because you dont have the correct condition. Besides you have the action; Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using..etc.. & therefore you should have the corresponding condition for this.

Level 2
no, the conditions is item = assualt rifle
sorry, i copied it wrong
you cant have an action and condition the same anyway. its not possible. sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.