• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Special Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello guys, theres a problem in triggering and adding the FX to the unit

I was making a SE model similar to Troll Headhunter(Expansion)'s Spear but rather than a spear, i made it axe
In object editor, i tried to make a buff of Berserk and replacing its Spear FX into Axe FX. I tested it and it did'nt work

So i tried to trigger it

• Berserk
  • Event - A unit cast an ability
  • Condition - Ability being cast equal to [Berserk(Alternate)]
  • Action -
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect on left hand of casting unit using war3imported/AxethrowerBerserkLeft.mdl
    • Set Berserk_FX[1] - Last created Special Effect
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect on right hand of casting unit using war3imported/AxethrowerBerserkRight.mdl
    • Set Berserk_FX[2] - Last created Special Effect
    • Sound - Attach Berserk to casting unit
    • Wait - Wait 12:00 seconds
    • Special Effect - Remove Berserk_FX[1]
    • Special Effect - Remove Berserk_FX[2]
Also didn't work, need help

Level 7
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/attachments.php

That says "hand" is the attachment point. "left" and "right" are modifiers for "hand".

So try this:

• Special Effect - Create a special effect on hand left of casting unit using war3imported/AxethrowerBerserkLeft.mdl
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect on hand right of casting unit using war3imported/AxethrowerBerserkRight.mdl
Also, for when you do it as a buff of Beserk, that tutorial shows same thing:

attachment2.jpg

Level 7
Status
Not open for further replies.