• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Special Effect at Point not Functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
The special effect is not appearing. When I set the special effect to appear at location of the triggering unit it all works fine but when I change it so the effect appears at the target of the ability being used the effect doesn't appear.

Here's the trigger.

• Cloud Effect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Cloud of Disease
    • Actions
      • Set CloudPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at CloudPoint using Abilities\Spells\Undead\PlagueCloud\PlagueCloudCaster.mdl
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Side Note: I now realize that the "Destroy (Last created special effect)" won't work as well when there are multiple special effects going so I should probably replace that with a variable. Am I correct in thinking that?

Level 11
What's the targeting type of the ability? If it's unit targeted you should use "Position of target unit of ability being cast". If it's AoE targeted I'm not sure how well target point works.

If you want to make the special effect multi-unit instanceable you should use a hash table, otherwise if you only need one unit to be able to cast it a variable will work fine (as long as no conflicting trigger uses the same variable)

Level 1
The ability I think might function as an AoE? The base spell was Flare which has an effect which illuminates a large area but I thought that spell (Flare) selected a point, and then illuminated around the point (basically just working as a circle with center point = targeted spot on map).

The ability I'm trying to create will function as an AoE and apply a debuff to any units which pass through it. Does that knowledge clear up any ideas for a better method?

Level 3
Make your Event to be Unit is ordered to target a Point. If the special effect fire 2 early find a way to work around yet you can always use Wait before you create special effect

Status
Not open for further replies.