• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Sometimes special-effect isn't gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
In one of my maps I've got alot of spells which got casting time before the Hero will cast the spell and during the casting time it's meant to create a special-effect on the casting Hero but well when I'm playing this map online with other players and they cast a spell with their Hero which got a casting time and adds a special-effect on the casting Hero during the casting time and my Hero also casts a spell with a casting time with special-effect it seems to be bugged with the other players Heroes because sometimes the special-effects is not gone from the Heroes and will create more and more special-effects on the Hero if it casts a casting timed spell with special-effects at the same time as another players Hero also casts a spell with a casting time which adds special-effects during that casting time. So what could be the cause of this problem? Here is how the triggers looks like when they cast a spell with a casting time which add a special-effect...
  • Star Serious Laser
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Star Serious Laser
    • Actions
      • Set SSI_Cast = (Triggering unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of SSI_Cast using war3mapImported\WaterAurora.mdx
      • Set Effect[0] = (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of SSI_Cast using war3mapImported\WaterAurora.mdx
      • Set Effect[1] = (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Set Effect[2] = (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy Effect[0]
      • Special Effect - Destroy Effect[1]
      • Special Effect - Destroy Effect[2]

Level 14
I'm pretty sure it's because of those Waits. Tried using Loops instead?
No I haven't and I don't know how to fix make that I'm so noobish at triggering :(

Why not create those special effect at the same time instead of using the wait!?
Ehm because I wan't the special-effect to reappear with it's birth-animation every 0.50 sec and the spell has 3 sec casting time before it's casted...

Status
Not open for further replies.