• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special Effect Competition #1 Poll! N/A

Which is your favorite "Winter Wonderland" themed SFX pack?

• Dan van Ohllus'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WILLTHEALMIGHTY's

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • DonDustin's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pyritie's

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Daelin's

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • JetFangInferno's

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Tough decision. There are a number of people that could win.

JetFangInferno got my vote. I loved that shield one.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

What do you mean by friends voting for you? People from outside of the Hive making accounts to vote? Or Hive users that are your friends?

Level 11
Friends? Or is that against the rules?
First of all, your pack is good JetFang, and what I'm going to say is not from jealousy or anything. You are a good SFX maker, but you definitely lack fairplay. I am simply disgusted to hear that you got your friends to vote for you just so you can win the contest. Honestly, this is really really lame, because this way, it's no longer about people's skills, outcome and overall work, but it's about how many people you get to vote for you.

I request a jury to be taken into consideration, with atleast 50% effect upon the final score! Disappointed once again by some people who I thought were nice, but proved to be snakes with lack of fair-play!

-Daelin

Level 8
I vote for Daelin.
It just fits warcraft perfect and I like how you didn't just played with particles in Magos but you've also done some good modeling and shit.
:)

Nonetheless other entries are also pretty good! Too bad you can give only one vote.

Level 35
First of all, your pack is good JetFang, and what I'm going to say is not from jealousy or anything. You are a good SFX maker, but you definitely lack fairplay. I am simply disgusted to hear that you got your friends to vote for you just so you can win the contest. Honestly, this is really really lame, because this way, it's no longer about people's skills, outcome and overall work, but it's about how many people you get to vote for you.

I request a jury to be taken into consideration, with atleast 50% effect upon the final score! Disappointed once again by some people who I thought were nice, but proved to be snakes with lack of fair-play!

-Daelin

You don't even know me yet you judge me to be "snakes with lack of fair-play!" -_-;; Just forget it ok? You're going to win anyway and I accept that. I'm sorry for getting ppl outside the hive to vote and will never do it again. Good luck to you all...

Level 27
I think that it's pretty obvious that without the friends, it would have been Daelin first, JetFang second, so lets just keep it that way, and then let Py and WILL battle it out for the next few votes :p
Unless someone gets a lot more votes, in which case it will get trickier.
Or we could always restart the poll.
--donut3.5--

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
This poll has to be remade as currently it is worth nothing, it does not seem to be public (can see who voted for what) and thus people may be voting for people with no reason or just because they do not want to see a person win.

Also JetFangInferno, was it really nescesary that you attach 3MB animations? Does that not seem a bit big to you considering some people are on dialup who visit this place.

I say to make it fair, every contestant imports their effects into a map and attaches that map to their post (later a link for it will be posted in the main thread) for people to view. In the map they have spells that demonstrate every effect that was made in use, so it will be easier for people to judge what really looks good and what not (not judging the spells, purly the effects). This will be by far the best method of testing all the effects and also enabling people to make fair decisions. As currently I think JetFangInferno is winning only because he has the uber detailed animation files for each effect that random people watch and say "his looks the best because its animated!!!1111!".

However I do not want to acuse anyone of cheating, yet, and thus I strongly advise that Chriz remakes this thread with a poll type that lets us see who voted for who and everone adds maps so that people can see how the fully animated effects look like in their WC3 game easily.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I shall remake the poll and make it public.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.