• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #1 - Poll

Which is your favorite attachment pack?

• Illidan(evil)x's Crazy Attachment Pack

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Chriz.'s Pirate Pack

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • Kitabatake's Attachments

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Voting Ethics

[off-topic] I strongly encourage everyone NOT to view the poll results, read the posts in voting threads (except for this one lol) or listen to any smalltalk about polls before they have exercised their own vote.

Just D/L the resources, test them the best that you can and make your own decision based on your own results. THEN post in the thread and THEN vote. (JMO)

Level 4
Chriz. has my vote. I like his because it has a definite theme and the models are nice looking. Good luck everyone!

[off topic] veiwed your website wolverbaid. Very nice. Where can i find that animated clock mouse type thingy on the homepage? Im making a website for homework and we need to add something like that, urs is awesome.

Level 6
I vote Illidan(evil)x's Crazy Attachment Pack

- yber cool
- the most usefull pack
- many models

Clearly he should be the winner alltought others did nice models as well

My vote

In my opinion it is Illidan who has the best models, I mean, Chriz has done great with the theme and so, and Kitabatake(did I spell that right?) has som kind of super weapons, so I didn't like em as much as Illidans's...
Well, actually I wanted Werewulf to win, she had the greatest pack of them all, for as long as I saw it coming along anyway...

1. Illidan(evil)x
2. Kitabatake
3. Chriz

Level 10
I vote for Werewulf!!!!! Lol. . .hmmm I wonder. . .I wonder. . .

Dang it werewulf. . .you'd better upload those!(eventually)

But aside from that - congrats to all the contestants. . .I honestly have no idea who I'll vote for on this. . .

Level 10
Pirate items FTW!!!! :crazypirate: the rest of them are great too

that fish attachment is funny
perfect for a fisherman

MiniMe said:
Just a question, what are you guys voting for, the theme or the actual models? The pirate theme seems to be getting many votes...

Pirate theme is also my favourite, thus I am tempted to vote for Chriz. But I will probably will not vote for anyone, since do not use attachments very much and I should try all of them first, but I am too lazy to do that. :p

And MiniMe, it is normal that the creator tooks in consideration what the users want and exploit that, to improve his reputation (meaning in general, not only here). Why do you think, that are so many ww2 and medieval games around and very few ww1 and napoleonic era? :(

Level 3
i gotta go with pirate pack. I just think they look cool and they dont stand out TOO much.

Level 36
Er... the reason that there is no WW1 maps, is because it was boring... I mean, all it was was a bloody stalemate in the trenches. Trech warfare. For how many bloody years. One side rushes across no mans land, attacks the other trench, falls back, and the cycle repeats itself for the other side. Just a giant waste of life, if you ask me. Not remotely interesting to play as an RPG IMO. WW11 was much faster and had a lot of new technology, where WW1 was absically faught on foot and a bit in the air... but the planes were terrible, so there was a very short life expectancy for pilots.

Napoleonic would be cool, especially because naval warfare would be a major aspect.... oh well... wc3 is an old game, and those with fresh ideas like that have probably taken them to other games...

Level 3
LOL @ ILLIDAN

Those models are funny as hell!

The pirate models get my 2nd place, because those are pretty dandy, but illidan's just made me laugh a lot so I had to vote for him :)

The weapons of the other guy's aren't very creative, sure, they look nice, but the others just took more thought

Level 3
Those are nice, also the weapon pack is very usefull, the illidan is like a funpack hehe. Pirate models aren't very common, i like these pirate attachments

Level 36
ElmStFreddie said:
The weapons of the other guy's aren't very creative, sure, they look nice, but the others just took more thought

I beg to differ. They aren't creative because they fit in with the Warcraft lore? Give me a break, you have really high quality skins and models there, and some really neat ideas, like the spell staff. The other's took more thought? Because they wanted to be different, humorous and they didn't care whether it would fit properly in a normal warcraft game. No offense to Illidan, because he has some high quality stuff, but most of it doesn't fit in with warcraft.
I could have the most creative idea in the world, but it could still turn out to be a piece of shit if it wasn't quality, so that's why I prefer high quality models that fit in warcraft over lower quality models that are creative and funny.

Level 7
Kitabatake's Attachments (13 votes) 20.00%

I like Kitabatake's Attachments because even though the pirates are cool i think his is the more practical Pack for a WC3 Map. If you were making a Pirate Map then i would go with Chriz...if i were making a Funy Map i would go with Illidan(evil)x but i think Kitabatake's is the best so i vote his. So:

1st Kitabatake
2nd Chriz
3rd Illidan(evil)x

They are all good though i would probably download them all regardless if i was making a pirate map or wahtever.

:D

Level 32
This competition has produced the greatest quantity (and quality) of models that we resource consumers could ever hope to acquire in one fell swoop. The decision that I faced in casting my ballot was my toughest to date. The three competitors should all be proud of their creations.

The near equality of these outstanding submissions leads me to cast my ballot (hesitantly) for:

Illidan(evil)x's Crazy Attachment Pack.
gswrd01.jpg

This close decision was based on the overall usefulness of Illidan(evil)x's various attachments in a broad range of mapping situation from straight-forward hack and slay scenarios to cartoon anime adventures.

[broke="+rep all around!!!"]Brilliant work lads:[/broke]

:thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 32
Congratilations Chriz.!

We landlubbers really appreciate the treasure that you made for us. I would expect that many future map submissions will include your pirate attachment booty: it was fun to test and my WE model inventory is now far deeper and more versatile.

Congrats also to Illidan(evil)x and Kitabatake: the site (and the Warcraft III modding community) have been enriched by your fine work.

Status
Not open for further replies.