• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition 5 Poll!

Which is your favorite neutral doodad pack?

• Supa-'s Watermill and Outpost

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Werewulf's Demon Doodad Set

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Just_Spectating's Naga Models

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • RDZ's Daedria Pack

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • HappyTauren's Prison Alliance

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Katu's Half-elven Cathedral

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Cavman's Contest Doodads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dan Van Ohllus's Demon King Statue and Pillar

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Kofi_Banan's Goblin Slave Market

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
'Tis a tough choice, this one.

But I think my vote has to go for Dan's Demon King; I wasn't sure about the cinematic illidan skin at first, but it works really well... My only complaint is the fire emitters -- you didn't set the Head and Tail times to get the animation going!

Level 7
Thanks for all who voted me. Looking at the results, I can say that this is a tough competition, nearly every models are theoretically at the same quality (one of the reasons why i typed "nearly" is that I'm not sure of my own model's quality). So, it's hard to pick the choice. May I give an advice? Download ALL ther models, look thru ALL of them, and ONLY watch them, and again, don't judge without seeign all the entries. Don't judge by the submitters' name, skin colour, sex, age, etc.... Equality ftw!

Thx.

Werewolfs - Goes good with wc.
Just_Spectating - Fits well with wc, too.
Kofi_Banan - I love the idea in how the model looks, but its only 1 doodad, as the others are a pack.
Rao Dao Zao - For some reason I dont reall like the way they look to much, and "The cube" dosnt ring a bell for me.
Dan van Ohllus - It looks good, bur for some reason it looks kinda wierd...also, its baisically only one doodad. (Allthough thats no real reason why I should vote it less) Also, it has icons to go with it.
Cavman - They all seem to fit with wc good too, and and I love the way they look.
Katu - FOr some reason I dont really like any elf things, nothing personal..
HappyTauren - Its not that bad, but its not that great, and its only one model...
SuPa- - They both look good, youre getting much better supa!! The grass looks streched, and a little bit the rocks too..For some reason a small cramped windmill in a lumpy streched crassland with a wall around it doesnt look right with other wc things. o_O

The winner is:
Just_Spectating!

Katu, have you even considerd how hard that would be? Youve dont if youreself? Also, as far as I know, thats what the screenshots are for... Unless its just me, after you import ALL the models, creat 50 doodads or more, then apply all the models to them, put them all down, then get out of the editor (becuas there green boxes) and get back in and then, either A: One of the models is bugged, witch it would take a long time to find out with one, or B: The edior AND youre comp crashes becuas it can handle all the custom models at once.

If the contest hosted could put all the models into one map that worked so everybody could use it that would be great.

P.S. Sorry if I soumd whiney, stupid, or anything else....I think youre right really but it seems to hard....Im a little but mad becuas I was importing all the models and putted then to differnt doodads, but it crashed becaus theres to many models...(I can tell, becuas I can get into it for a few mins, and it lags alot of awhile then crashes)

EDIT: Here is the map if it works for any of you....I couldnt finish importing them all but it has most..Sadly I had to choose a kinda random person becaus I could view them ingame..:(

Attachments

• trash.w3x
    633.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Level 7
Hm, Heretodlstuff, you're also right, but, for example, you can wiew it in a model editor. The main reason why I suggest downloading is that a single screeshot can not show everything.

Hm, there are 3 people with 5 votes behind RDZ and Wulfy... the first and the second place seems set, but the third... let the (third) best win (the third place)!

EDIT: Hm, let's help a little bit VOTE ME PLZ VOTE ME FOR FREE REP! <--- this line is a joke, never mind..:)

Level 7
I feel I will never win any modeling contest because I use Gmax to "materialize" my thoughts, not to make expansions to Wc3. But, who knows, that may change.

(for example I registrate from 20 different ip adresses and cheat the poll a little bit) <--- LOL that's a joke, never mind

Level 31
ProffesorImSad.jpg

Level 31
Don't worry, Cavman. At least the name of your doodads set was creative.

Oh yes, the best one here.

Lol Cavman, which episode was that from again? :p

That picture is from the episode where Bender is sleep bending so he has to go work at a factory for a bit. He bent the professor at an angle in the begging, which made him annoyingly cheer, so at the end Bender bent him completely in half, at which poit he said "I'm sad now..."

And honestly, you were my 2nd up, its just that Wulf had a whole theme and crap ton. I love your caravan though. You get rep for that from me at least.

Yeah, Same with me...

Thanks anyways dudes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.