• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #3 Poll!

Which is your favorite Citadel?

• Illidan(Evil)X's Stormy Castle

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • Rao Dao Zao's RDZ Industries Bunker

Votes: 28 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
no offence chriz but this vote sucks...
u shud at least wait for willthealmighty and katu...i mean jeez they used tons of thier time just to make this model and now u deny them part in the contest...thats mean chriz....*tsk tsk tsk*
(plz dont neg rep me...im just expessing my opinion)

u shud at least wait for willthealmighty and katu...i mean jeez they used tons of thier time just to make this model and now u deny them part in the contest...thats mean chriz....*tsk tsk tsk*

I'm having problems beyond repair with my model. I understand if he doesn't want to extend the deadline.

My fault for entering too late anyway.

Level 12
I went Rao Dao Zao industries. I am always of fan of them and this one keeps up the same great look of all your other models. Illidans is nice but I can't find a great use for it like I can Rao's... even if I said I wouldn't. Great scree though Illidan, like the titans! Good job to both of you guys though.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

First off, what the hell kind of person do you people take me for that I would neg rep you for voicing your opinion?

Second, they had a month plus a week extension to finish, and I can't just keep changing the deadline to fit everyone's needs, that wouldn't be fair to the people who actually finished on time.

Plus, I believe Katu and WILL both said that they couldn't enter anyway due to Gmax messing up their entries, go check the thread.

So don't call me mean for denying them a spot in the contest, I can't help it, I just have to be a fair host thats all.

Level 7
Thx Kiun for defending me...

Too much time, you say? I entered the contest just a few (2-3 I suppose) days after it has released, and worked on it until yesterday. I took too long because I even had to download all the programs, read a shitload of tutorials, and then... I planned the model in my head about 2 secs (I saw it in a dream anyway...) but the modeling took at least 40 hours... because I never touched any modeling programs before (except a little 1-2 hours with Red Faction Level Editor) do you know what pain is this? I didn't even met my friends because I was busy with modeling!

Wait, I don't say you are cruel, rules are rules. But I think that contests are to measure the contestants' artistic skills, not their patience-with-motherfucking-exporting-software. So I think that a single model file (W/ texture) is enough to enter.

But I'm not a moderator and if they (you) think another way, I accept that.

...and never again gonna enter modeling contest because they are more painful than funny.

BTW i submitted my model in the contest topic, someone can differ it freely and animate it as he/she wishes, I never gonna touch it again because even thinking of it makes me sad.

Perhaps the fault of me was putting too much effort in it.

EDIT: RDZ gets my vote because his model is as simple as it can while it's still useful.

Illidan's model is great too but I think he should really use custom textures for that. Realistic model with cartoonic textures...

EDIT2: Who would vote for me if I were ready with it?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Maybe I should just make the next one to show off a posed/prepared/rendered (if you can) shot of your model, and then a wireframe shot. That way there aren't any problems or complaints.

Level 19
I might have voted for Katu.

Illidan's citadel fits WC3 theme, but the green terrain does not work with all tilesets... so that's a minus.

RDZ's model has three stages though it does not fit WC3.

I can't decide which one to vote. Maybe I get a bit less lazy and open them in world editor to see what animations they have and vote after that. Anyway there's no hurries.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You do that so nobody gets mad at you : P

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

....this is Sparta...*rolls eyes*

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

No way....are you serious?

Now I feel like its my fault T_T

Level 5
cmon chriz be a nice guy and extend the contest by a tiny bit...just so katu or will at least can get into it. they wasted their lives away and didnt even talk to their friends...u can at least give them a benefit for being very very...uh...good....yeah! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.