• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition 4 Poll!

Which is your favorite mech?

• Supa-'s Centaur Robot

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Mechanical Man's At-Te

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Kofi_Banan's UHI-0

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
He canceled his submission. It's a shame a lot of people didn't finish :C

My animations are rather plain and messed up, especially on the attack animations because the feet moved in sync with the attack, when they should have moved before the body and arms went forward. My walk animation also goes pretty slow (and doesn't look like how a horse walks but I didn't intend it to) And on the attack animation with his right hand the elbow pops out

Kofi's model is OK, but the texture's pretty simple. Also the animations are rough and there's no decay. I haven't tested it in-game but the death animation's bugged in Magos. Also some of the parts of the texture look CnP'd

Mechanical Man's robot has a decent model and texture, and the animations for what they are are OK. The only I problem I have is that it doesn't move in about half of the animations

I really don't know which of the two I'm gonna vote for :-/

Last edited:
Level 21
"The model must be textured, either in-game textures, or custom textures. If custom, made by yourself."

KofisTexture.jpg

I sense a disturbance in the force (CnP)

Last edited:
Level 27
I didn't really like any of these..
The texture's on the AT-TE and soldier were.. not exciting.
The mesh on Supa-'s didn't really look mechanical, it looked a bit curvy.
However, after viewing the animations, I ruled the AT-TE out. Many of them barely moved, which disappointed me. The soldier's feet moved oddly during a few animations.
In the end, I chose Supa-'s model mostly because of the cool texture, and also the animations looked the most natural.
--donut3.5--

Level 13
*sigh* Well i promised i would vote for SuPa, plus he's is the only one with truely working anims, even if he is bashing the other modelers about it. Also: give mechanical man a break he did his best !

Those static animations were made on purpose, as the vehicle is massive and and recoil of guns can't affect it. And where did you see these kind of units move when not walking, I mean if you look at other games tanks (c&c) and other similar vehicles does not move at all when standing still, maybe unless they have a radar dish, flags or something. My inspiration was the game star wars: battlefront (as I didn't see the newer movies), where this machine is immobile when not walking.

Level 26
Those static animations were made on purpose, as the vehicle is massive and and recoil of guns can't affect it. And where did you see these kind of units move when not walking, I mean if you look at other games tanks (c&c) and other similar vehicles does not move at all when standing still, maybe unless they have a radar dish, flags or something. My inspiration was the game star wars: battlefront (as I didn't see the newer movies), where this machine is immobile when not walking.
Obviously, large heavy mechs of such have a right to not move when not walking.

Level 3
My vote goes to Mechanical Man's At-Te since in my opinion its the most well done.
Centaur's animations are weird and Kofi_Banan's robot seems to be made out of wood.

Level 10
well i have to agree that the submissions are pretty terrible, which is why i have decided to vote for blizzard, whose clockwork goblin was the best by far...

Too bad blizzard didnt enter, which is why i give my vote to Mechanical man, the AT-TE looks the best in my opinion, the centuar looks freakin aneroxic or however it is spelled, and the soldier seems to be made out of cubes put together with some sort of cream cheese can gun.

Level 1
I dont like Supa's it looks like a bugged mannequin from cheap shop ,lack of details and good idea. Mechanicals work is very impresive , accurate to the original SW unit. Kofi's model has very low quality , i only like the concept a bit.

Level 11
Def voting for Mechanical Man's. AT-TE = Star Wars, and to vote against something from Star Wars would be a sin :p Plus, it is a great model really, and people, it'd not like it should bob up and down while standing, its a huge machine, it doesn't need to breathe...

As for me, I didn't finish my animations in time, since they kept exporting wierd, even when I did zero joints right and everything. I've gotta go back and read up on finalizing better I believe.

Level 21
Did you comment "Linear" on every bone?

My vote goes to Mechanical Man (I especially like the walk) I really gotta give you a compliment for the walk animation because my model has FOUR legs and I was two lazy to do a sequence of movements and instead made both the front legs move at the same time and both of the back legs move at the same time. You have SIX ;) which is omg pwnage

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Kofi_Banan is the official winner of Modeling Competition #4!

2nd place goes to Supa- and 3rd goes to Mechanical Man.

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.