• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #6 Poll!

Which is your favorite Halloween-themed entry?

• WILLTHEALMIGHTY's Great Pumpkin Monster

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Dan van Ohllus's Ghosts

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • donut3.5's Pumpkin Nightmare Lord

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Rizz_Boomer's Chainsaw Goblin

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Elenai's Azrael

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DVO'S Ghosts:
Very well executed. Quantity is nice, as well. A bit simple, but worth it. Not much to say about it, though.

Donut's Pumkin Lord:
Badass model, great armor and sweet weapons.
But the head ruins the whole thing (the mouth is weird, so are the eyes), since the armor is great... custom anims are a plus, though.

Rizz's Chainsaw goblin:
You know I love it. The whole model is awesome, and the idea of a mad goblin with a chainsaw is just great.
I haven't seen the animations so I'm guessing they're not custom.

Elenai's Azrael:
Nice, and I know you put a lot of effort into it... but the whole thing (apart from the bat) feels a bit off... the lich head feels weird with the black and red cape, and the concept itself isn't all that creative...
What it lacks is a common color theme, a single style to the whole thing. The orange bat, the purple lich head and black clothes just don't fit well together.

Level 8
I have to say, I wanted to vote for Donut, and WILL, but Elenai's model looks EPIC-er, almost looks like me, though Im more demonic and chaotic and malefic.

Level 16
my Vote goes to Donut!
Ghosts are nice, but i dont think its so difficult to make them.

The Pumpkin-monster... well its not bad, but not really a challenge (beside custom Textures) to make.

Donuts Pumpkin its really cool... but the attack and walk animations could be better.

The deathangel.... when died Mediv?

oh and Chriz.
Your link isnt the final Woodeater.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=377928&postcount=216
this is the entry.

Level 35
I was going for a scary, and awesome look...and revisiting an old classic, with some Elenai flaire.

And with todays over use of chainsaw murderers...and pumpkins in movies..I deemed a classic feel was appropriate.

Probably how DVO felt with his ghosts, [Classic and timeless .VS. The gore fads]

Level 16
And with todays over use of chainsaw murderers...and pumpkins in movies..I deemed a classic feel was appropriate.

Yes you are right with chainsaws, BUT pumpkin-faces were
made to scare evil spirits (dark time of the year) so a
pumpkin is more halloweenish than the Grimreaper wich is not an evil spirit from the dark time of the year...
not even sure if he is evil, because he/she/it just do his/her/its job.

Level 35
Actually Pyritie...Its not just geomerge. It was alot of hard work with assigning, merging (in vertex modify) and some scratch modeling. + magos work and particle effect modification.

Then I had to wrap it....

The bat was extremely difficult.

Speaking of which...could someone edit the entry post to include a pic of the bat? I forgot to add that in the final entry.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Elenai is the official winner of Modeling Competition #6!

2nd place goes to donut3.5 and 3rd goes to Rizz_Boomer.

Congratulations!

Level 35
Wow... I must admit, I expected a more intense fight between El and Donut.
Oh well...

I actualy expectet Donut to win without trouble, because his model was so amazingly made, with even the smallest details in it. And some very usefull and nice animations. But oh well, he did get second place.

Good Work Elenai, you was my second choice.

I actualy expectet Donut to win without trouble, because his model was so amazingly made, with even the smallest details in it. And some very usefull and nice animations. But oh well, he did get second place.

Good Work Elenai, you was my second choice.

Same here. Ah well, at least he got second.

This competition had a reasonable turnout. Not two or three like last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.