• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spanish Arquebusier

Spanish renaissance arquebusier, known in the spanish language as: arcabucero. Initially planned for historical or warhammer-inspired maps, where it may be fielded into the ranks of the Estalian army.
You can use it and modify it as much as you want. Credit to Cuore as the original creator is much appreciated.

Special thanks to HerrDave, and to MechanicalMan for inspiration and guidance.
Credits to Direfury for the lower part of the jacket, taken from one of his elven paladins.

Updates:
1. changed the Walk cycle. Thanks Atasha JG!
2. Portrait face transparency fixed, version numbers removed from file names.

spain, spanish, arquebusier, handgunner, gunman, renaissance, warhammer, estalia, gun
Contents

Portrait (Model)

Spanish Arquebusier (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A nice, original model. Works in-game. Good job.
Level 14
As an addition to the model, I attach here an equivalent version of it without team-color. It still needs to use the same portrait of the published model, therefore it's recommended to rename the portrait file ending part from "1.1" to "1.0" if you plan to use it alongside this second variation.

Updates:
1. Changed the Walk cycle. Thanks Atasha JG!

Attachments

• Arcabucero1.0.mdx
    90.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Level 14
It's my first animation and this kind of comments is exactly what I was looking for to correct my mistakes. Thank you guys!

Edit: updated both versions of the model with another walk cycle. Thank you @Atasha JG !
I didn't change the size of the feet because I fee like they are ok how they are: small but not exceedingly so.

Last edited:
Level 15
Overall really good model, but he looks a bit too much realistic, if I may add. Warcraft models are all a bit bulkier and cartoonish.

Level 14
Yeah MogulKhan and Kyrbi0 you're both correct. I made this from scratch using pictures of Spanish warriors of the 16th century as reference. I really didn't take care of getting the proportions right for warcraft.
HerrDave gave me some tips and counsels, including a very nice scheme to adapt this model's proportions to the usual warcraft unit which has been and will be of extereme usefulness.
This, and the quite humungous clipping of the arms are making me lean towards a need to remake this concept from the ground up.
Until then, I hope that this can still be of use to some mapmaker interested in renaissance european themes.