1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spacetime Warp Theory, believe it or not?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DoOs_101, Sep 1, 2009.

?

Believe or not?

Poll closed Oct 1, 2009.
  1. I believe!

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. Random crap!

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Omg...

Seriously read the theory properly.

It is impossible to travel at the speed of light.
    Warp theory is based on general relativity, in that if we can bend its rule, such that we can create an inflationary space bubble, we will be able to move space fabric to anywhere, at the speed greater than light. Because space travels and travels! faster than LIGHT! But the objects inside that space theoretically does not TRAVEL, the space is, not the objecT!

2. shamanyouranus

shamanyouranus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Yeah, so lets just potentially obliterate the the fabric of spacetime. Its a great idea, as long as the ship survives.
    I think this is a load of bullcrap. If anything, wormholes are the highways of the future Oo.

3. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Because of course they are so much more plausible.

4. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Uh no they are not, because you will still have the issue of MASS accelerating from 0 to hyperspeed which will destroy it entirely. Uh my god, yu ppl go to tuff's univ or somethin? Geez...

5. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

6. DocDude

DocDude

Resources:
    Resources:
    These theorys are pretty bullsihity. You dont need to know shit to say "if i only could bend god to my will i could see the future". you can never deny what i just said, and i'll probebly never prove that it's true either.

people 30-40 years ago thought that today we'll live on the moon and have flying cars and stuff (also that we'll contact aliens and be all americans). It wont happen in a long time. Some big ass phisicyes proffesor dude said to me we'll probebly never have startrek stuff, i tend to agree.

7. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is it seriously necessary to append [/sarcasm] on everything nowadays?

8. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's possible. No one imagine cellphones. Just think of this, back way then, when star trek came on the seen, they used wakie takies. That's how scifi cellphones are. STAR TREK didnt even have cellphones. Everything is possible, you can't say it's not possible because you have no scientific evindence. And before I go on a rant and find documentation to prove you all wrong I will unsubscribe now to create this thread into a "I believe in miracles but not dreams" thread,... again...

9. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah I totally agree with you, some visions provided with a rationale can become a reality. And to counter on what some of those dudes said about having colonies in the moon -> you should read about an Indian gov. project on building a simple model colony on a crater they found to have water in the moon, the funds from the Indian gov. already progressing, now the project only to take process. While USA is planning for MARS exploration, they're planning to go further into exploring lunar habitability before actually going to MARS. Hmmm wonder who has the bigger brain there. Ooops !

Also, about flying cars, we could make flying cars if we want to, the physics is possible, but what the heck man? We already have airplanes and helicopters...

I do it only because I'm smarter than you. :mwahaha: :razz:

10. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, I'm actually going to explain why I came rainbows this time. Who was smarter, the Koreans that first weaponised gunpowder, or the Germans that built a cannon that could shoot from Germany to the UK? Mind you, the only reason that the German cannon didn't work is that the German engineers didn't account for the rotation of the earth under the bullet. Ambition has nothing to do with intelligence. And you're claiming to be more intelligent than Poot?

11. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol he took it seriously, this forum is a joke. Can't pick up language son? :razz::mwahaha:

Update:
    Realization, notice how long it takes for the "realization"

reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaliiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzaaaaaaaaaaatioooooooooooooooon.

171 years. Its all bcuz of "tuff" folks like you. LoLz

12. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm honestly considering getting a valid tag. It would parse to nothing and only show up in quotes. Only issue is, if someone CnPs instead of using the quote feature, they'll miss it. I'd consider that a feature though.

13. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Actually, the inventor of the modern mobile phone was greatly inspired from Star Trek communicators, and based his designs off of them.

I'm sort of confused as to what point you're trying to make...

14. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Where did you get that info?

15. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't remember who you are, lol. That being said, pissing and moaning at people is a lot more fun than assuming they're joking.

16. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    My English professor. Just look it up, you'll find information about it easily enough.

17. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea but Star Trek was a sci fi where they had spaceships but they did not have mofo cellphones. They had walkie takies.

Thats what I was trying to point out, Idk how the fuck you missed it but w.e lmao.

You come out of noewhere stating facts that arent even related to anything in my quote. good job you get a cookie.

18. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah, and I don't understand why you're pointing out that they didn't have cellphones. I've never watched Star Trek, but I'm pretty sure they'd have no use for devices like the modern day cellphone.

Maybe they had no use for them? Just because something wasn't explicitly mentioned in the story, doesn't mean it didn't exist. I'm sure the entire universe in which Star Trek took place wasn't described to you in the show.

I'm really confused as to which point you're trying to make. If you're saying that the Alcubierre is possible because it's something that no one imagines to be possible now, well that's just completely ridiculous. There is no correlation between the unexpectedness of an event and the probability that it will happen. lol
    If you're saying the opposite, that's equally as ridiculous. Things don't happen because everyone imagines that they will (e.g. everyone walking the streets naked and living on the moon in 2000).

I was trying to say that perhaps the communicators weren't as primitive as you saw them, given the modern day cellphone was highly inspired off of them. It's a simple thing to imagine now, but at the time it was most likely amazing.

19. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    Forget it, not gona waste my time geting my explanation any simpler then that. Take the cookie jar. and good bye.

20. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    BUT LUKE SKYWALKER LIVED IN A MUD HOUSE. NO ONE IMAGINE THAT.

Also, no further explanation is needed for the mud house point. Fuck you and your feeble minds incapable of understanding my deeply subtle and/or completely irrelevant point.