1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Space Radiator

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Ok, third halo model i'm uploading, this time inspired by a structure found on top of the MAC-platform in halo 2. Can be used for numerous things; walls, vents, or as the title reveals, perhaps a nice space radiator to warm up in the vacuum? ;)

Anyways, this model shares texture with most of the other halo doodads, hence the size.

Give credit when use.

Keywords:
halo, covenant, UNSC, space, sci-fi, wall, ship
Contents

Space Radiator (Model)

Reviews
20:50, 30th Oct 2010 anarchianbedlam: Incredible model. I can't say that I've ever seen someone submit such high quality doodads.... ever. let alone for wc3. Great job. And yes, the texture is huge, but if you use the texture only once for all the...
  1. 20:50, 30th Oct 2010
    anarchianbedlam: Incredible model. I can't say that I've ever seen someone submit such high quality doodads.... ever. let alone for wc3. Great job. And yes, the texture is huge, but if you use the texture only once for all the other doodads, then it evens out to a good filesize. And who would seriously use only one of these doodads? Anyway, I digress. Awesome model. Approved

2. General Panda

General Panda

Resources:
    Resources:
    You just cannot stop uploading awsomeness huh?

3. Sheephunter

Sheephunter

Resources:
    Resources:
    I suar hope moar is coming, cuz this is just awesome.

4. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The size is incredibly large for such a simple model. No, it doesn't needs *that* large skin size. It's not gonna be seen all over the display when you play Warcraft. Shrunken the skin, please.

5. chilla_killa

chilla_killa

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Dude, did you even dare to read the description?
    All the models that he uploades share the same texture, you only have to import it once.

6. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, but if someone wants to use only this model... I think that he won't try to get 250 kilobytes in map for a single doodad. I would love to see separated skins - that way, they are more useful. And please, don't call me ,,Dude".

7. chilla_killa

chilla_killa

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Why should somebody use only one model?
    And by all models I mean ALL models he made for Halo.
    If you look at the covenant texture you see how many things will use this.
    It's the same as the Urban Environment Pack of IllidanEvilX, but that texture is 656 kb big.

Who cares about file size anyway? If we want quality we don't care about it.
    Sorry for the dude, dude.

8. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You don't get my point, but nevermind. Let's stop spamming the thread, okay?

9. chilla_killa

chilla_killa

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I don't spam, I just tried to describe you the usefulness of the covenant texture.
    It's even easier because you just have to import one texture.

10. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is one of the 'pros' of that method, but also one of the 'cons' is that some users want only several models that skin provides (Let's say, 1/2).

So... I stay neutral for now :3
    But gotta admit that you changed my mind a bit.

11. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How much more awesomeness is to come?

12. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, that depends? What do people want next? The forerunner interior models, the covenant interior models, or the rest of the basic ship interior models?

13. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, i was once working on doing something like that for the map, if you checked out the halo conquest thread you may have noticed the covenant ship alarm system, though it is integrated into the individual models and works very differently from those lamps you showed.

Can't promise i'll make that model though, perhaps one day i'll find reason to do it.

By the way, about the texture complaints, using a single texture reduces the ammount of materials used in the game hence it reduces the general file size of the models that uses parts of textures meant for other models. It's not something i'd do today, i was very bad at making texture layout by the time i did this, but it really helped to reduce file size since you can scale and fit your pieces with much greater liberty than with individual textures (where you have to make them twice as large/half as small if you want to change anything due to the binary formats)

14. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is awesome, nice work ;)

15. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's nice, I guess; although, it's just a radiator. >.>

16. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That's a keeper. *downloads the Radiator, and cut'n'pastes it into a Halo UTM folder*

17. BlazeDark86

BlazeDark86

Resources:
    Resources: