• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Marine

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
fixed version.
anyways after so long time i am finally loading this.
this one is, in my opinion, less fuller than the previous version. i got rid of some animation because i thought they werent really necessary or i didnt think anybody needed them.
yep. i suck.... anyways....

please comment if you want any of the previous animation back because i will add on when i have time.

i tried to do something with a heavy bolter and stuff so thats why it took so long. in the end, i ditched the heavy bolter because the feedbelt wnet way retardrd.

the twitch with the animations should be fixed now and the particle emmitters works.

Keywords:
Space Marine, Warhammer 40k, Marine
Contents

SpaceMarineFinal (Model)

Reviews
[PENDING] January 19th, 2008 This model is pending for the following reason: -Stand animations are completely bugged and unusable. Please fix this. PM another moderator or me if you have any questions or resolve the issue. --donut3.5--...
Level 1
Look the tau units are way cooler that Assault marines
Terminators
Grey Knights
Sergeants
Force commander SO CAN YOU DO A TAU UNIT PLZ X)

Level 3
AWESOME you have improved so much. I give you an 3/5

The model is well build (or better than lastone) But you must fix some things... The texture map is not running well in the back generator and in the feets and the hand...

And about the animations.... You Should change the name of the aniamtion ``attack 2´´ that posses the marine shooting with a one handed pistol.... Because in the game it will alternate ``atttack 1´´ with ``attack 2´´ always.... Put it another name like ``alternativa attack 1´´

Good luck and keep improving.

Level 7
hmmmm good job the only things i could see that need improving but would be purely cosmetic are the arms and hands which are kinda deformed

i play dawn of war dark crusade. i am doing campaign now, killing emperial guardsman and stuff. but i am really crap so i dont verse other people. actually i cant because my net is crap.

and i dont do the tabletop game thing. i wish i did. not for the playing part. just for the making and painting model part. i find it fascinating. so much detail and care put in some of the pro ones. like a little form of art.
thats probably why i am making this marine thing now i guess. the satisfaction coming from creating something

oblierators are not counter-part to termies i dont think. they have chaos termies seperately. and oblierators got more guns, they are bigger and they are ugly.

and raptors in my opinion look nothing like a wildkin. wildkins are tanky and raptors are more agil.(or it could be because i dont like wildkin whilst i like rapotors.)
once i finsh this marine model, i am gonna base the rest on it. of course with different animation and stuff.

Last edited:
Level 4
Excellent! Wonderful! Extraordinary! :thumbs_up:
You must make more WH40K models! I demand it! 5/5 without a doubt. WIll be keeping two eyes on your work. Keep it up!

Ah, The Curse, nice that you discovered this model too.

Pyramidhe@d, I still insist you you make model with weapon, unless you make glows at correct location for each attack animation (bolter, pistol, flamer, etc). I know that there are much difference between wildkin and raptor, but both of them have bird like face, the body is different, you could do this with some geomerging and vertexmodifying.

Warhunter, of course you can't find any tau model, because they aren't anywhere.

can i make the glows with particle emmiter? i dont really know how they work but its a practice and i am sure i will work something out.
for those who want melee animation, do you prefer a "sharp smack with the butt of the gun" animation or "slashin and stabbin with a knife" animation or both?
if you do want the knife, where do you want it stored? at the waist or fatstened to a strap on your leg.
hmmm i got a lot to do

edit. no. seriously. i need to know. i am animating now. leg or waist? choose now.

does anybody want me to make a marine on bike? just asking

Last edited:
Level 15
Nitpicks..

Well, there are a few nit-picky things I need to mention... The helmet is a little off, the shoulder-pads (especially the right one) is a little weird. Other than that-and the fact that there are no attachment points, which SOMEONE should step up and help with..-it's perfect.

Glows are billboarded planes. Usually you but several planes in a row to create a glow effect. You use additive material with genericglow.blp or other appropriate texture considering also changing colors. This is how is made on wc3 marine. In case of flamerthrowers use particle emitters.

Before making melee animation, I would rather suggest you to improve the current anims as I still prefer wc3 ones.

Marine on the bike would be cool. I missed them in DoW.

:/
Can´t you upload them on hive workshop please?

1. Umm, they ain't ready yet
2. They don't fit hive standards
3. Those textures ain't mine. Werewulf&Co. would care to ban my ass as soon as possible (I don't even remeber who made them).

Level 15
can i make the glows with particle emmiter? i dont really know how they work but its a practice and i am sure i will work something out.
for those who want melee animation, do you prefer a "sharp smack with the butt of the gun" animation or "slashin and stabbin with a knife" animation or both?
if you do want the knife, where do you want it stored? at the waist or fatstened to a strap on your leg.
hmmm i got a lot to do

edit. no. seriously. i need to know. i am animating now. leg or waist? choose now.

does anybody want me to make a marine on bike? just asking

I never really liked the Space Marine bikers... the two don't really mesh well together.

About the melee attack, make it with the butt of the bolter. The knives thing in DoW was not much fun either. I'd rather see a space marine kick an Ork to pieces or use his shoulder and so on... rather than use butter knife.

Level 2
i feel that the eyes should be a bit larger and meaner looking also you should makeit so they walk instead of fly with the back pack jet bosters.

i was actually looking at that picture yesterday. kharne the betrayer or sumthin. looks like a khorne berserker. and i was playing with a khorne berserkers yesterday as well. those crazy bastard(^_^) so i am definately gonna make something like that.
and yes i shall attach the weapons today and while i am at it, i shall smooth the animations too. i will make it weapon less after that.
and that thing with the walking animation, i will fix that too.
and the thing with the glow, i dont know how to make them appear and disappear like flickering sort. sorry
and since nobody else commented, the melee attack will be butt of the gun

Level 15
i was actually looking at that picture yesterday. kharne the betrayer or sumthin. looks like a khorne berserker. and i was playing with a khorne berserkers yesterday as well. those crazy bastard(^_^) so i am definately gonna make something like that.
and yes i shall attach the weapons today and while i am at it, i shall smooth the animations too. i will make it weapon less after that.
and that thing with the walking animation, i will fix that too.
and the thing with the glow, i dont know how to make them appear and disappear like flickering sort. sorry
and since nobody else commented, the melee attack will be butt of the gun

Awesome! And btw, it's really easy to attach weapons to units.. make a custom ability based on an orb spell and change the attachment art to the model you want to be attached to something, then type the attachment point where it says you should. left hand, right hand, head, chest, and origin are some attachment point names.

daemoncult brought up that i should make chaos dreadnought and defilers. then it occured to me that there is two kinds of chaos dreads, one with a hammer arm and one with a machine arm sort of thing
go to http://kofler.dot.at/40k/chaos.html and you will see there is 2 different ones.
i know there is the one with a chainsword but i dont like it.
which one would you prefer. hammer or arm?

Level 3
Wow... im really impressed with all the support this model has been getting
good work pyramidhe@d
and to answer your question i prefer the one with the hammer (the other looks weird) i have to say that it looks way better then when you first posted it
all i can say is fix the hands, fix the texture, fix the anims and your done (im sure you can find someone to help you with that(i would exept i realy dont know shit from clay when it comes to model editing:hohum:))

and considering how much attention this has been getting i recon there needs to be a warhammer model section:thumbs_up:

fixing the hand and the animation now so its gona be a while before i could make because i am adding different animation for different guns and etc, etc
and i already said that i am gonna make him
i thank everyones support and i ask for everyone's patience until it is done
until then you dont have to needlessly download the file becos i will tell you when it has been updated

Last edited:
Level 8
Anyway, this model needs a serious improvement. I agree with with the daemon prince guy. The animation is like a space marine attempt to ice skate. The model is also a bit too small. Furthurmore, there is no origianl weapon. Suddenly, the old space marine seems lot more better.

Level 8
The Model could be better if you change the animation speed, the reloading of the weapon, his stand 1 and stand 2 is too fast. Reminds me of Unreal Tournament 2004 when the characters change their weapons. Improve the walking. Allow it to have an original bolter too. Then it would be almost perfect. You have my support though, pyramid head. Good job, you are nearly there.

yes yes yes. i have been working on the walk animation and all the other stuff.
while i was at it i made these stuff. some of them are already on the website, othes are not.
da.jpg
they are not exactly right.
especially the powerfist. i just left it like that because it looks like a powerful fist thingy. i dont think it looks much like the real thing.
anyways i will try to get the animation speed right and stuff. thank you

more updated version.
added the gun and a gun flash.
fixed the hand
added 4 melee attack animations; elbow, boot, fist and back of the hand attcks
there is 2 attachment points called Medal 1 and Medal 2 and they are for the purity seals once i make them. of course the usual overhead and origin. no attachment point on the weapon as i didnt see it necessary because it already has the weapon and the proper flash.

unfortunately, i wont be able to spend almost anytime improving this model further on. i will be moving on to making other stuff because i seem to be spending too much time on this model. and i think i better move on and make something else(because you cant do much with a single marine model) before school starts for the reason that once school starts, i will probably have no time wat so ever to do anything.

i am really sorry if i have let you down and not lived up to your expectations on this model

Level 3
Great dude it is a great nodel....

But i must tell you something... the aniamtion called ``pray´´ has got a rpoblem... When the marine kneels down to ``pray´´ it comes back instandly to the stand aniamtion... You should make another animation called like ``stand prying´´ that would be the marine standing Knelt down... An another with the marine Getting up called something like ``change pry´´

Thanks dude for read it and thanks if you do it...

And forgive me for my bad english....