• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys i am having some problems with my custom sounds. You see i dowloaded the lich king model from here and i wanted him to have the true voice of the lich king so i went and extracted the lich kings voice from my world of warcraft mpq files and made a sound set which you may download here if you like.

See it as my first contribution to the forum. But i digress.

At first i imported the sounds in the import manager, made sure the paths were correct, the names were correct etc. So i went ahead and played the sounds in the sound editor, they were fine. So then i proceeded to test my map to see if they worked which they did not. Instead of having the voice of the lich king my custom unit had no voice at all.

Being the persistent person that i am i tried another method which goes as follows:

I downloaded ladiks MPQ editor and i opened my custom map with it, and inside i made a new folder units\undead\evilarthas and put my LK sounds into it so that my sounds would override the old ones i saved and opened my world editor to test the new sounds. Lo and behold they worked fine inside the sound editor so again i went and pressed "test play"but alas i was faced with the same problem as before myunit just didn't make any sound at all.... :(

Now what am i doing wrong guys? Anyone have any idea/advice/anything? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.