• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soul Farming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I played for a little bit right after the Soul Vault release, but never really figured out a proper way to farm for red souls. Has anyone developed a good strategy that nets red souls in solo play? I'd like to start farming for some, but if soloing for them is terribly inefficient I probably won't bother.

Sidenote: Is it possible for souls to be colored based on their rarity? So rather than all of them being gray, a red soul would spawn with the red wisp model, blue would be blue, green would be green.

Sidenote2: Remove cooldown on souls T_T

Level 8
For me the most efficient way was Protector grinding with a zerk+lancer. I'm not sure if lorekeeper bard works for souls, I'm guessing not since I've never had a double soul drop and on average over 3 hours had same number of souls drop for him. Even the most efficient way is still going to be slow going though.

Shaded wips would be cool.

Why is the CD an issue for you? It's not like you can get a bunch all at once anyway.

Level 7
Its not a big deal, since its not a long CD, but occasionally when killing waves at D3, I can get multiple souls, and if I store them without using right away it becomes an unnecessary wait. But yes its a rare situation, but at the same time Im not sure what purpose, if any, the wait serves.

Anyhow, thanks for the tips. I wasn't sure if anyone had done enough testing to find out of certain bosses had higher drop rates or not.

Level 8
multiple souls? Don't think I've ever gotten more than 2 blue souls per d3 run. You shouldn't bother using green souls - those are for new players, convert them to blue if you can otherwise trash 'em. I don't know what the reason for the CD is but it's never impeded me.

I haven't seen the game code so I don't know if any boss has a different soul drop rate but from what I've noticed from actual gameplay, it's all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.