• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soul Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Just going to open this thread to post any incorrect stat gains on souls.

Level 29 Healthy soul of the duelist:
Should give health and evasion.

Gives Health, Evasion, MP, and armor.

Level 29 Brutal Soul of Piercing Champion:

Should give: Ap, ArP, Crit Damage

Gives: Ap, ArP, Crit Damage, 5 increase to all stats, and 5 SP

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Just going to open this thread to post any incorrect stat gains on souls.

Level 29 Healthy soul of the duelist:
Should give health and evasion.

Gives Health, Evasion, MP, and armor.

Level 29 Brutal Soul of Piercing Champion:

Should give: Ap, ArP, Crit Damage

Gives: Ap, ArP, Crit Damage, 5 increase to all stats, and 5 SP
EDIT: Screw what I wrote, I already figured the problem out and it's going to get fixed this afternoon.
Basicly, what happens is that the constant bonuses will get applied universally after reaching level 10 with a soul, instead of just those that the soul actually has.

Level 7
Nope, they just loaded that way. I only deactivated and reactivated to see which wrong stats each one was actually granting. I thought it was weird I had a bonus 5 armor and intelligence from something on my berserker, so I went through and checked those souls to figure out what each one was giving incorrectly.

The +5 on all the incorrect applications makes me think its a bug with them leveling up. As they state they give a flat bonus of +5 to the relevant stats (Like AP and ArP in the blue one) but the +5 for some reason bugs out and gets applied to other stat categories as well as the intended ones.

Level 7
I've had no issues.

They didnt get moved when I didnt have any souls at first though. So when I loaded after getting a soul for the first time I thought it was a bug that they got moved to the vault in the first place haha.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
EDIT: Nevermind what I wrote. The legendary was not the cause of it.

However, after deactivating Plain Soul of the healthy axolotl the armor bonus disappeared. So that soul is bugged. It should give
+hp on items
+threat reduc
+heal received

Doesn't mention armor anywhere.

This happened in Version 8. Have yet to test version 9 with the new fix. Will update as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
EDIT: Nevermind what I wrote. The legendary was not the cause of it.

However, after deactivating Plain Soul of the healthy axolotl the armor bonus disappeared. So that soul is bugged. It should give
+hp on items
+threat reduc
+heal received

Doesn't mention armor anywhere.

This happened in Version 8. Have yet to test version 9 with the new fix. Will update as soon as possible.
Read the 1.2B(9) patchnotes.

Level 7
Souls with the 'Favored' Prefix seem to have a spacing issue when you examine them.

It says:
Attributes: .1% critical chance

It should say:
Attributes:
.1% critical chance

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
I installed new extension pack, got my first soul (green: soul of athlete %armor %movement speed) and it doesn't have model (it's invisible).
Is this cause of package or only blue/red souls got models?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I installed new extension pack, got my first soul (green: soul of athlete %armor %movement speed) and it doesn't have model (it's invisible).
Is this cause of package or only blue/red souls got models?
It might be possible that I messed up a model path somewhere. Unfortunately, it's hard to track down as the skins are randomly selected. :/

If you can give me your vault savecode and your account name, then I can use a debug command in the dev version to find out which skin is the faulty one.

Level 8
Noticed this but didn't really care about the missing green/blue models, then I saw some missing red models and got my shit together to test some stuff. With the extension off I found that the souls with Lich, Juggernaut and Crystal Maiden base models don't get their models updated correctly with the extension. I've only found 8 red souls so far though so there may be more missing models. Will update if I find a different one but that may take some time, I'm pretty satisfied with what I have now.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hmm... seems there are more than just some skins missing.

I guess at this point it's probably easier for me to just create a special debug version and go through all the models manually to find the missing ones.

So no reason to report missing models or find out what is missing from now on... I'll use a debug tool for that. :)

Level 3
souls

how do I lvl souls up I have my main lvl 50 bishop and been trying a while and the souls haven't got any exp tried low to high lvl mobs

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
how do I lvl souls up I have my main lvl 50 bishop and been trying a while and the souls haven't got any exp tried low to high lvl mobs
Souls get XP the same way as your hero does. If you hero doesn't get XP, so won't the soul.
Which means they will only gain XP from level 46+ mobs in your case, since you are level 50.

Level 3
the soul get exp when heros get exp from mobs
so lv 50 heros get exp from lv45+ mobs

btw, your soul vault is shared with all heros,
so you can train new heros also lv up souls

Level 8
You can just do foothill raids if you dont want to play low lvl. My defense soul went from 20 to 45 on pure bm/garg kills (well it did take a few days but thats to be expected).

Level 8
souls exp like You, only from mobs higher or lower 4 lvls.
For your 50 lvl main, You can get xp only from Gargoyle(47). (no matter what is soul lvl)

I advise You to create or load lower lvl hero and just kill creeps (-4 - +4 your hero lvl)
Soul lvl has nothing to do about lvling it.

Level 2
about legendary aura bonus.
example : def : +5% AllR, Off; +5% AllR
basic math>> 5+5=10.
on my stats,it`s only get +5% AllR.

this`s bug?
or
intentionaly made like that.?

Status
Not open for further replies.