• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SOS, crash retival from WEU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok, heres the scene,
while importing some systes from another of my maps to a new one, and converting them, i used a copy and paste trigger thing, so i could basicly copy some of the old GUI and save myself some thought

a literal 7 hours, and 93% into this work, i saved, bu i left one trigger folder full of dissabled triggers looking for missing variables and units and rejoins,

WEU FLIPPED, it gave mne some error listings, and closed

after mild discomfort, rising poanic, panic, hyperventilation and mass rants to anyone within online earshot, i have discovered two files, full of random warcraft files, that date and time to about 6:05 am, when i saved, and 10:51 when i retryed a little bit and saved,

adfmittedly i know the problem, and i can just redo it, but can these two files retrive any of my work? dose anyone know how, or can anyone dom it for me, it would mean the world, or atleast seven hours of it, to me

Rui

Rui

Level 41
In the World Editor Help Zone we can't help you. WEU-related matters go on the Warcraft Editing Tools forum.
[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=277"]
tools.gif
»»» Warcraft Editing Tools
[/self]
Discuss third party tools. Explore tool usage; get help using a tool, or search for a needed one.
~Thread Moved

Level 3
the most help being the first

saishy seems the only one with advice
allm the files, and the foilder itself, were created within a single second, and the file types are random, Wr Wc We Wq nothing i can open, there is a notepadfile with 3 lines of garbage on,, thats it.

Level 12
saishy seems the only one with advice
allm the files, and the foilder itself, were created within a single second, and the file types are random, Wr Wc We Wq nothing i can open, there is a notepadfile with 3 lines of garbage on,, thats it.

I don't use WEU anymore because write many useless stuf in the map, making it bigger.
I'm using Jass NewGen Pack, and that tool auto backup the last 26 entrys, (Believe, its very usefull, a few days I lost my map because of the Blue screen of Death and recovered it)

I will say what I did, maybe you can recover your map:

- Tried Opening it with a MPQ editor (Didn't worked in my case)
- Look at any errors logs at my folder (I didn't understand the errors xD)
- Searched all readme files and started to search something about backup. (Yeah, I found a very usefull line in one readme)

So, if nothing work, try to search in internet if WEU uses some kind of backup.

Level 3
nah, its FKed

i decompressed a wc3 map, and traced its construction path, turns out when u save a map it creates various areas of data, and then recloses and merges these, so basicly my save got as far as creating little sections to put info into, didnt like the info, and killed itself,

that this has done is given me insight into my own logic about the map, and i think i can actualy make several hundred functions several thousand times more efficient, and alos remove what is fankly, crap,

so, yeah

Level 20
Don't use WEU. I've had tons of issues with it, one being map corruption which happened to be fatal in my case. If you can't open your map with an MPQ editor, like MPQMaster or WinMPQ, then you're pretty much fucked, unless you can retrieve the WorldEdit test map from your Warcraft 3 directory (the last saved map is always saved as "Warcraft III\Maps\Test\WorldEditTestMap.w3x")

Status
Not open for further replies.