• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Something Else forum removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello people
The staff has decided to get rid of the Something Else forum. It was originally designed to give people a place to spam so the other forums don't get spammed.
We don't find this forum helpful or worth moderating and have decided to get rid of it.
This does not mean that we are loosing up on moderating the Off Topic forum. As a matter of fact we have plans on making the anti spam policy stricter.

That is a possibility if people don't stop using it as a spam hole. I think the main problem is that currently people don't see it within the realms of responsibility due to the lack of punishment and post count.

I think the main problem is that most of the people who post there are idiots. But then, that's a matter of opinion.

Level 18
Picture thread moved. I dunno about the listening one yet.

Unless everyone judges and learns to know people on their taste of music (which I don't expect) I'd say the thread is as useless as the avatar rating.

I can't care what others are listening to.
Pictures are interesting to see what's behind the username and avatar.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
This is a good call as long as the Off-Topic forum does get moderated. With this I also mean to ask the users of that forum to report posts which violate the rules.

As for retrieving threads from Something Else. I think only the pictures thread should be moved. The "What are you currently listening to" sounds as spammy as its name suggests. Forums are not a real-time chat room.

Level 11
The Hiveworkshop is not a democracy vosty.

About Something Else, who cares? The forum started without any big rules but over time got so many rules thrown on that it was just basically the same as Off Topic + dumb games in the end.

Off Topic should not have any rules. It should be the one place people should come and relax. Well not really. More of it be like survival of the FITTEST! OH YEA!!! But seriously just let us spam and delete older topics if your afraid of exceeding your bandwidth and if its not that then what the hell are so many topics being closed, people are join around and I see TOPIC CLOSED. Or even better you guys move the posts that are spam to a one big spammy topic which makes the topic that those posts were in not the topic it was and why the hell am I getting negative rep for posts I have created that were "spam" in the past. That is just wack. So there is no time limit on spam?

Hive is not a democracy more of an unstable dictatorship.

Level 15
There are rules because there are rules for everything in life. You can go to a bar to relax after a long week of work, but you can't do whatever the fuck you want. You can't start random fights with other people (flaming) or you'll get kicked out. You can't solicit random bullshit to everyone (spamming) or you'll get kicked out.

The fact is this: you're welcome to relax and chill all you want in the Off-Topics Section, but if you bother other people by spamming or flaming then you're breaking rules and really, just being a dick.

Also, according to the post you got neg-repped for, it was a day after you made that post. So quit your bitching. Maybe this is why your banned from chat.

Level 16
Jeez man.

I woke up this morning thinking it was an ordinary day on the net just like another. I first checked the sports news, then my country's newspaper portals, then come to Hive to spam a few rounds on the SE. Until I realized its gone permanently, d*mn.

As far as my experience goes, fun and friendly forums usually have an unglamorous section for 'spamming'. An unhealthy trend perhaps, but a trend nonetheless.

Also, the SE section is one of the reason I've always brought my funny bone to the Hive, and now I don't feel so funny anymore. Understand that the SE is pretty harmless, most people who post there don't take things too seriously like the other Hive sections, things that seemed offensive on the SE were often given the benefit of doubt that the poster was actually trying to be funny but failed instead of thinking that the poster is deliberately spitting insults.

Bleh.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I think you've got the definition of Off-Topic wrong to start with. It is not a forum for random gibberish and babbling, it is a forum for topics whose subjects don't fit anywhere else, and that's the way it is supposed to be.
Not everyone who posts on a Warcraft III website ignores the social issues going on around them, and they like to use the Off-Topic forum to debate those issues and share their points of view, as well as getting to know other people's own thoughts on the matters.

I think you've got the definition of Off-Topic wrong to start with. It is not a forum for random gibberish and babbling, it is a forum for topics whose subjects don't fit anywhere else, and that's the way it is supposed to be.

I thought SE was originally for threads that get a lot of posts, such as forum games and stuff. Although this was back when OT still had postcount enabled, so...

Level 13
8 sharp tentacles won't be enough if you ask me...

And are you going to make posts in OT count again?

Level 13
Why not? If OT is going to more "controled" now, there is no reason for them not to count.

Level 11
They came from the darkness.

First they wiped SE.

Then they took out OT.

Soon, they will wipe out all humor and joy.

THIS IS WAR!

Suns up, a little after twelve.
Make breakfast for myself.
Leave the work for someone else.
People say, they say its just a phase.
They tell me to act my age. Well I am.

ON THIS PERFECT DAYYY!!!

When nothing can go wrong.

*(SE gets removed)*

THE FIRST CUT IS THE DEEPEST, BABY I KNOW!

BLINDED BY THE LIGHT!!!

ITS RAINING MEN, HALEJUYA ITS RAINING MEN! EVERYSPECIMEN! (That means you two elenai and squiggy!!)
Tall, Blonde, Dark, and lean!

Its getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes!

Level 13
They came from the darkness.

First they wiped SE.

Then they took out OT.

Soon, they will wipe out all humor and joy.

THIS IS WAR!

Suns up, a little after twelve.
Make breakfast for myself.
Leave the work for someone else.
People say, they say its just a phase.
They tell me to act my age. Well I am.

ON THIS PERFECT DAYYY!!!

When nothing can go wrong.

*(SE gets removed)*

THE FIRST CUT IS THE DEEPEST, BABY I KNOW!

BLINDED BY THE LIGHT!!!

ITS RAINING MEN, HALEJUYA ITS RAINING MEN! EVERYSPECIMEN! (That means you two elenai and squiggy!!)
Tall, Blonde, Dark, and lean!

Its getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes!

You're taking your avatar too seriously.

No SE and OT more controlled... I suppose I should start modding or something... Or apply for OT mod o_O.

Status
Not open for further replies.