• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Quests....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello :D

I'm making RPG map for me and my friend...
Teraining, idea, units etc. = no problem.
BUT, I can't make multi-user quests.
I've tried to do something with http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/creating-easy-multi-user-quests-38376/ this, but for me it is tottaly impossible to read.

I need 4 kinds of quest :
- Killing Quest:
@- Start talking with an Orc,
@- Create quest "Kill 12 Trolls"
@- When I kill 12 Trolls then I can talk with Orc,
@- Quest finish, and give another quest.
- Find me Quest:
@- Create quest "Find 2 Peon and bring him back to the camp",
@- When I find 2 Peons fe. in cave then it will follow me,
@- I can start talking with an Orc only then, when I've brought 2 Peons,
- Deliver Quest :
@- Create Quest "Deliver meat in to Ogre",
@- When i've delivered meat, then I can start talking with an Orc,
- Discover Place :
@- Create Quest "Go to Troll Arena Place and discover it"
@- When i've dicovered that place only then I can start talking with an Orc,

"Thanks from mountain" :D
If you can help me, please, do it ^^

Level 16
Seas =)

I think the thing is that he only can't get it Multi-Use. I looked in this tutorial to and only for the triggers there, some admin should add this - to get a better view of it.

• Quest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 100.00 of Paladin 0000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • OurQuest[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to notstarted
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 10.00 seconds the text: Quest Received: Del...
          • Hero - Create Note to Jaina Proudmoore and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Set OurQuest[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = started
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • OurQuest[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to started
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 10.00 seconds the text: You already have th...
            • Else - Actions
  • Quest 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 100.00 of Archmage 0001 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • OurQuest[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to started
              • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Note to Jaina Proudmoore) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 10.00 seconds the text: Quest Complete - go...
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Note to Jaina Proudmoore)
        • Else - Actions
  • Count Kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Dark Troll
    • Actions
      • Set Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 10.00 seconds the text: (Quest Update: Killed Trolls + ((String(Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])) + /10))
(I just use other names but the way is the same and: I don't want steal the tutorial, I only reposted it, because he/she got a better view of it. Maybe the trigger item pictures will help him/her to)

I think your problem is the [(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]. This is the multi use part. Only for the triggering unit.

This done at the following way: First you need a variable WITH Array. Now if you use the action "Set Variable" you will see, after you choose the varaible [Index].
Klick this and search in the function line: Player - Player Number.
Now klick (Triggering Player) and search in the function line "Owner of Unit".

@ Slaydon: I don't want steal your show :p - and there are much more things that need to be added, you can help him with. But I thing, that he try to learn from THIS! tutorial .... no comment

Level 20
hehe, all i was thinking of making some variables for him to edit: (Unit_needtokill = 15, QuestStarter: Unit1, QuestFinish: Unit2, UnitType_needtokill = N00bs, KillCount = Killcount - 1 when dying, Info = Kill (Integer(Killcount) more (Unit type of UnitType_needtokill).)

Status
Not open for further replies.