• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating quests...how??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to create quests?? I mean, not quests for singleplayer, but quests for multiplayer.
I'm working on my first ORPG project and the problem is: How can I make a quest that can be given to only one player and not all?

Example:

I unit goes to Basic QUestgiver...
Unit buys an item of type Pirates.
Create one quest for that player and remove item of type Pirates from the inventory or so...

Can someone help me?

Level 5
I used the search button, but it seems either I or the server got a problem...I never get the posts meant for my search word. And I've tried writing Bobanzanko <- my forum name at User and I get only half of my posts.

Anyway, can you tell me more specifically how to do the trigger, since I'm not very good at triggers? Or atleast give me a link to an already made post for this theme? Thanks...

Level 5
Ok...here:

NOTe that I'm not writing the trigger, just explaining:

My hero character goes to a unit called Basic QuestGiver. The Basic questgiver is an item seller. Each item is a quest! So, when the player buys a specific item from the questgiver, he gets a specific quest.

Example:
There are six items in Basic Questgiver unit: Wolves, Pirates, Bandits,Trolls and so. The player for example buys Pirates. The trigger creates a quest called Kill 15 pirates ONLY to the player that bought the item. But the item won't be put in his inventory, instead it will be deleted like it was never bought. To complete the quest, the player must go back to the Basic Questgiver unit with 15 units killed.

Level 5
  • Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set value = 0
  • Quest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to pirate
      • value Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Set value = 1
      • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Pirate with the description You have to kill pirates and return to the return quest unit, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: kill pirates!
  • pirate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to pirate
      • value Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • value2 Equal to 15
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You killed the pirates! go back to the guy that gave u the quest
          • Set value = 2
        • Else - Actions
          • Set value2 = (value2 + 1)
  • pirate reward
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of return guy
    • Conditions
      • value Equal to 2
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Thank you! here is your reward!
      • Player - Add 1000 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
      • Quest - Destroy (Last created quest)
      • Set value = 0
+rep if i helped you

Status
Not open for further replies.