• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Well..First of all..Hello people..This is my first time in this homepage and I'm glad I found a forum about Triggering..^^

I have some questions for you guys...

1) I'd like to know..How they do Mercurial's Dispersions in DotA..I've tried the possible and impossible to re-create that abillity (Well...I just want to create it for fun..Not for a map...At least that I know..xD)

2) I want to know too, when you create an abillity or change an pre-made one there's a thing called "Order String - Turn On/Activate - For Example, Holy Light"

Well.. I want to know how does that affects the spell...

3) About Variables Array...When I create one, there's a box (For Example, a Integer one) nearby the types... I can put a number on it... But...How that works? 'Cause I can use the command Set Variable VariableX[AnyNumberInside] = 0

And well, that number inside, let's suppose that it's maximun is 20...Do I need to put 20 when I created it? Or I can leave that box with 0 or 1 (Don't remember the default).. Or I'm completely wrong?

xD

Well...I things this is all (Yeah...Lot's of "all")

I will be very happy if someone answer these answers..Specially number 1...^^

Thank You Guys, again..And keep going with good job that you're all doing..^^

See ya!

Level 4
1. i dont play DotA

2.just dont mess with it...some spells need to have an activate/deactivate order id and some dont i suggest just leaving them alone, they wont mess anything up if you just leave them

3. an array is like in mathematics...say for instance you have a player variable called allplayers and you make it an array, you can make it as large an array as you want but say for instance we will just make it 12 because that is the max number of players. you could set allplayers[1] = player 1(2)(3)(etc.) or w/e, allplayers[2] = player 1(2)(3)(etc.) and so on for as large as you made the array. you have to set the number of the array in the variable editor to the maximum you want it but im not sure what the total maximum is(probably 100) and you can set any number inside the [] but if its higher than the max you set it wont do anything

Level 1
Thank you for answering me 3..

I forgot..I had another one..

4) There's a spells called channel...How and for what I use it?

That's all..Thank You...^^

Status
Not open for further replies.