• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some questions about terrain editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, I want to do some new terrain for a map I'm doing, but I can't find any way to do it!

Now, don't say that there are not programs or ways to do new terrains. A lot of people had done new terrains like purple grass and Predator temples.

I think that I have to change some skins, but I don't know how to do it well and how to export to mi map.

Thanks, and if somebody knows a good place with tutorials for gmax or vertex modifier, tell me. I don't know how to do vertices and how to link them with a line.

Well, Lon-ami is a noob, isn't he?
But I can answer to any question from the World Editor. I have done some funny maps ^^.

Level 22
no, not the right forum, but i dont care, some mod will move it later
dl WinMPQ from this site, or image extractor and extract the terrain skin u want do modifie. open it with an art program (photoshop 8 or sumthing) and modifie it, save it again, import and fill in a path like this => TerrainArt\*tileset*\*skin name*.blp

Level 4
and would that rule be good? I don't think so. Anyways, the thread was moved and we all can read it. That's a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.