• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

sorry for asking so much questions but i need!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ok i got more questions on world editor.

#1 How to create a wether effect.I tried with triggers but im not sure if i was doing stuff right.Tell me how.

#2 In some rpg maps i saw a very cool trigger.For example i walk near an NPC and he starts telling me a quest or something.Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Level 2
cheesdude said:
Ok i got more questions on world editor.

#1 How to create a wether effect.I tried with triggers but im not sure if i was doing stuff right.Tell me how.

#2 In some rpg maps i saw a very cool trigger.For example i walk near an NPC and he starts telling me a quest or something.Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Events
A unit enters region

Conditions
Whatever conditions you want, I would use something like:
(Entering unit(Is a Hero)) equals true
Actions
Do something like this:
Display to all players [text message]
Create quest

Dude, if u can't do basic stuff like that..spend some time reading tutorials or just mess around with the editor and see what you can learn :wink:

Level 13
furnace78 said:
Dude, if u can't do basic stuff like that..spend some time reading tutorials or just mess around with the editor and see what you can learn :wink:

furnace78 has a point there. Anyway, for the weather-effect, there're 2 ways to create them. You can simply create a region and then change it's properties (among other things you can set a weather effect for the region there). If you wanna do it by trigger, there is only one important thing to care for: After creating the weather effect, you need to activate it using the "Enable [Last Created Weather Effect]"-trigger (should be 1-2 lines under the "create weather effect trigger")

Level 9
Hmm didn't read a 2nd question,but at first i may give an answer..

(trigger way)
Sometimes (i don't know why) at the most areas you couldn't ger weather to works.. only at Loarderon territory it may be creared well (like rain sunshine or others)
++++++++++++++++
(region way)
Addition you may also create a region ,click at it twice and choose there a weatehr effect .
+++++++++++++++
(standart map way)
At map properies you may manually choose weather !

Level 10
furnace78 said:
Events
A unit enters region

Conditions
Whatever conditions you want, I would use something like:
(Entering unit(Is a Hero)) equals true
Actions
Do something like this:
Display to all players [text message]
Create quest

Dont forget to put in the end Turn off this trigger If u dont put , the trigger will go over and over when u step in the region.

Status
Not open for further replies.