• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, I'm back again to post some questions...

1) Well, I want to make an unit that the flying height (well, will sound stupid, but ok...) is -1150 (Yup, -1150), in the world editor it is like I want, but when I save the map and open it in the Custom Game, its height is "reset" and the unit is above the ground again... Well, what I want to do is this:

A unit that half is under the floor (Yes...That's it) and half is above the floor... If someone knows how to do that..pls..help me...

2) I'm working on a map based on arena ones, and I made a Leaderboard, but, then, after some minutes I want it to hide, and then show another one (different of course..) and then ,show it again, but when I use the Show commands, it does not appear again...
I made it like this...

Events

Conditions

Actions

Lots of actions...Then...
Hide Crazy Time Leaderboard
Show Master Leaderboard
Turn Off (This Trigger)

3) There's a place in my map that there's lava , and then, I want to know...

a) How can I make a unit to be Unselectable?

b) This unit, will have an abillity called "Lava Buff", 'cause when a unit enters in the Lava Region, the unit will be hit by this abillity, but, the unit does not stop using that abillity, and I just that the "Triggering Unit" be hit once...

For now its just these.... Sorry if its confusing (i'm brazilian and english is not my strong point...)

Level 2
XD

That's too complicated for me, and, well, could someone please answer me why can't I show up again my old leaderboard, 'cause after I "Leader - Hide MasterBoard" and then, "Leaderboard - Crete Crazy Time Leaderboard ........", but After I want to the Masterboard to be shown again and the Crazy Time Leaderboard to be hiden.......Confusing I think, but, ok then....... Well other thing...

Can I make a unit cast a spell in 0.2 seconds... 'cause I want something like this:

Event:
Unit Enters "Lava"

Conditions:

Actions:

Unit Spell Caster - Issue Order Targeting Unit - My_Custom_Abillity
Wait 0.4
Unit - Issue Order Targeting No Point - Stop

What I want is this....
I want even if lots of units enter in Lava Region, I would like that they be hit by My_Custom_Abillity and They would be attacked once....

Thx for the last help about the Negative Height...

Level 5
Ok, well first off, if you want your ability to be cast at all, you'll have to modify an already existing spell, because, as you can see, in the Issue Order Targeting Unit, there are only a few preset spells. You'll have to modify one of those preset spells for it to work.

For a unit to become unselectable, you need to go into the Object Manager. Select your unit in it, and look for Unit is selectable in game or something like that, and uncheck that box.... either that or in the unit's abilities give it the ability Locust. I don't quite remember.

And lastly, for the Lava Buff question... which seems to be a modified version of the first question I answered... use this:

..Well, if your spell is a spell that causes damage... use this:

Events:

Unit - A unit is attacked

Conditions:

Unit - Attacking unit equal to "your unit using the spell"

Actions:

Unit - Issue Order with no Target - Command "your unit" to Stop

Or something around those lines. You can think of the rest or fill in any blanks I may have left. Hope this helps some.

Dragon_Lord

Level 3
For the Lava thing, you just have to modify the Demon Hunter's "Immolation" skill, putting your unit in the middle, changing the AoE of the spell, then ordering it to stop through a trigger after the entering unit is hurt once.

To make your unit unselectable, give it the "Locust" ability.

As for the Leaderboard problem, I suggest using a Multiboard, so that it will be minimized or can be hidden (thus can be recovered again).

Lastly, if I remember well, WE Unlimited can bear negative values. But I don't know if it's able to support this through flying heights...

Level 2
Thx.

Well, I'm not sure about using WEU 'cause many people that i know told me that it is badly bugged and sometimes can corrupt the whole map, if they are right at all. But thx for you people.. Well...

So, Can't i switch leaderboards, by hiding and then showing one new, and hide the new and show the old one? If I understood what you guys said , I will have to use a Multiboard... ...If i have more questions, i will post them,,, For now, thx for u all... :D

-----------------------------------------------------

I forgot to tell, the spell that I used with the Issue Order Targeting Unit, was based on Poison Bomb (Goblin Hero), so, how can I make my unselectable unit throws that spell every 0.1 or minus than this?

Level 7
I was reading through the spell FAQ when I came across this and remembered this thread.

8) How do I allow the World Editor to use negative values?
Go to File > Preferences. Under the General tab, check the box titled “Allow negative real values in Object Editor.” Note that it is sometimes necessary to hold down the shift key while inputting negative values.

Try that to make the flying height negative.

Level 2
That's awful

Oh thanks, but could someone please answer me about the Leaderboard? 'cause I don't want to creat a Multiboard 'cause the other is 100% done.... Or, if must be done, I will do it.... PLSSS...........NEED HELP WITH THE LEADERBOARD...but, for now, thx for you who helped...

Level 7
I tried using the negative flying height myself, and indeed it worked.
grunttop.gif

Level 2
Well

I didn't tried yet (In world editor I see my model as I wanted (Negatie Height) but in warcraft tft no, I see him in height 0 (OBS: I Didn't tried what people said above...)) Well, could somebody please tell me how to do the leaderboard thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.