• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some hero and experience questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well, for my map I want to be able to totally control the experience and levelling system. I have found out how to make more levels and at which XP it goes up but I don't know how to see how much XP a monster gives.

So here are my questions:

1.Are you able to set an XP rate the same for each monster? If so, how?

2.Are you able to set an XP rate for each individual monster? If so, how?

3.Is it possible to remove the hero icons on the left? How?

4.Is it possible to set the same XP drop rate for each level your hero is? If so, how? (So if your level 1, this mosnter gives you 30XP, but now your level 50, it still gives you 30 XP.)

Those are my questions for now. Thanks in advance!

Level 37
1 & 2 can be done with triggers.

3) In object editor-> browse the hero

Stats - Hero - Hide hero interface icon -> true

4) Advanced - Gameplay Constants - Hero XP Gained, Creep reduction table -> Set the first value to 100 and delete the others. Now you'll get 100 % exp from all monsters no matter what your level is.

Last edited:
Level 4
Ah thank you!

This sure helps a lot :p

So I found out 3 and 4 but here is my next question...

For the trigger(s), how do I make it?

I was thinking about when the unit enters the entire map
The XP the unit gives turns 50.

But I couldnt find any trigger that would change it to 50 and I am not very well with custom triggers... Can someone help me?

Level 5
you dont need triggers to set the experience given by units. the experience is directly linked to the units level. so if you want all units on the map to give the same experience, make them all the same level. youll have to do some experimenting to figure out exactly how much experience there is per level
EDIT: i tested with the creep reduction set to 100, and as far as i can tell, the experience values are 25, 40, 60, 85, 115, 150, 190, 235 for levels 1-8
so it starts out at 25, and is the previous + 10+5L where L is the creatures level
yay! i remember math after all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.