• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Hero Experience Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
By default, a hero requires 200 XP and if he kills enough units, he gains a level.
XP will show as, 0 / 200 > Kills enough units, gains a level > 200 / 500... and so on.

By default, the same hero then needs 500 XP and if he kills enough units, he gains another level.
XP will show as, 200 / 500 > Kills enough units, gains a level > 500 / 900... and so on.

For my map, I want the XP needed to reset to 0. So it looks like 0 / 200, 0 /500, 0 / 900. I found a trigger on hive that does this:

• Hero - Add (-1 x (((50 x ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) - 1)) x ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) - 1)) + (150 x ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) - 1)))) experience to (Triggering unit), Hide level-up graphics
The problem is, the first units you kill do not show up in the experience bar. The counter increases but the visual aspect does not. Not until you kill enough units for the previous amount of XP needed.

If you don't understand, you can see this in the attached map.

How can I fix this / alter this / use a different method / system / change game play constants, etc so that it works?

Attachments

• Level Up.w3x
    17.5 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.