• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

hero xp rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How do i make it that every ten levels the hero xp rate doubles (a unit gives 25 xp and lvl 1, 50 xp at level 10, 100 xp at level 20, 200 xp at level 30, 400xp at level 40. etc)

Level 3
there is a function
  • Hero - Make Player 1 (Red) Heroes gain 100.00% experience from future kills

Level 5
I tried that... the experiance my hero gets goes down....not up. and it apears that it can not be set twice, once set its that..... (as i see it idk if true)

Last edited:
Level 19
Well what exactly do u want? do u want it in fraction style like lvl 1 is 1/10, lvl 2 is 1/5, lvl 3 is 3/10?

Level 4
I struggled with the XP rate in my map for a while, and finally decided that rewarding XP via triggers and setting XP gained percentage to 0% worked best.

So:

Unit dies, pick every unit nearby, give XP based upon your function (so in your case, use some conditions to make determine if its level 10, 20, etc.)

Doing XP this way allows for it to be more easily controlled, imo.

I based the base XP reward upon the units level, then multiplied it by some value. This would require you to go back and edit unit levels, but then you can specifically determine its XP value, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.