• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some assistance with terrain and forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Terrain Issue:
I bet most people are frustrated with the hindering nature of tilesets.
Well, I want to overwrite the rocky cliff texture with the dalaran cliff.
I already have the necessary tools to extract the file from the mpq,
I just need to know the file, and if it's more than one.
Oh, and if it is even possible to overwrite cliff textures.
Forces:
Can't move the players to different forces.
Is it a common thing to ask? D:

Level 20
I have absolutely no idea about MPQ's i'm afraid but as for forces; just use this trigger:

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally with shared vision
EDIT: Sorry I assumed you wanted to change alliances - is this right? The same trigger can be used to set them as an enemy with shared vision etc...

Level 11
To finde MPQ download Magos Model editor. Then you can use the MPQ browser to find. Use a tutorial that will explain how the browser works. If you need more help about this go to 2D Art or Model and Aniamtion section of the forum.

As for forces. Click and hold left mouse button on player and drag (aldo the name will not follow like in my computer when you move things (for example)) it to the name of the force that you want him in.
You must have Use Custom Forces enabled, and have at least 2 forces and at least 2 players.

Level 4
Err, yeah. I discovered how to move the players in the forces when I got pissed off, so that's not a problem anymore.

As for the Terrain thing, I already know how to browse and look at MPQ's (as I've mentioned I already have the tools), problem is I only have a vague idea of how to replace cliff textures and I don't want to recklessly tackle the problem. So, any texturers who can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.