• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How do we use custom Cliff/Terrain doodads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So I imported at least 5-6 custom cliff/terrain doodads and try to make when i place it, the basic warcraft tile is blended with it alongside the custom cliff model. And to be honest, it is very unclear what is the use and how do we use the doodads category: cliff/terrain. The pathing texture too is very confusing.

Any tutorials or step by step thread or any guides to give how to use the cliff terrain.?

Level 21
Default cliffs are ugly and frowned upon, which is why most map makers tend to simply raise terrain with mountainous/rocky textures, like seen here:
- time 18m18s for example.

You can create steeper hills/mountains with newgen/sharpcraft editors, which simply make use of this: straight cliffs.

To avoid pathing blocker spam, you can make your own, or simple edit tileset within newgen, making your prefered mountain texture unwalkable.

Level 6
Default cliffs are ugly and frowned upon, which is why most map makers tend to simply raise terrain with mountainous/rocky textures, like seen here:
- time 18m18s for example.

You can create steeper hills/mountains with newgen/sharpcraft editors, which simply make use of this: straight cliffs.

To avoid pathing blocker spam, you can make your own, or simple edit tileset within newgen, making your prefered mountain texture unwalkable.
Super useful information from you, indeed. Thank you so much :). Now I turned those cliff/terrain models into just doodads now.
Now I wonder if I reduce the usage of cliffs (which is truly, I agree with you, is not good to see), I wonder, if I would be able to use bridge easily. Is it able to use bridges on terrains raised?

Status
Not open for further replies.