• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How do i make a texture rotate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I don't know if it was asked before, but i want to know how i am gonna make the texture of the following model rotate during animations.

LikeThis.PNG

Just so you know: yes i am aware of the TextureAnimation, but i can only make them move in one direction.

Level 23
As you said, unless you rotate the plane itself, you can't (iirc).
Texture animations work by transforming UV coordinates and thus puts limitations on possible animations.
The most common workaround for this to my knowledge, was animating the texture multiple times on the separate triangles of the oval shape, in a circular fashion.
Another option would be ribbon and particle emitters.

Level 30
As you said, unless you rotate the plane itself, you can't (iirc).
Texture animations work by transforming UV coordinates and thus puts limitations on possible animations.
The most common workaround for this to my knowledge, was animating the texture multiple times on the separate triangles of the oval shape, in a circular fashion.
Another option would be ribbon and particle emitters.

Thank you for the answer. (At least someone answered.....) Look's like i have to use option two or something completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.